I’ve lost my priorities and I can’t get up...

DBH

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ever had one of those spells where you just can't get to what you want? Believe it or not, I took delivery on a brand new Backwoods Gater last November when winter was setting in. Four months later this baby is still in the crate. For the life of me I can't get my head on straight!!!!

Ship it to me in Michigan, I'll get that thing uncrated.

You don't deserve it call Yellar Freight and ship it to me COD

It's not you, it's the weather...

It most definitely is him!

Grab your crow bar and rip that sucker open. And if you still cant do it, feel free to send it to me, I'll make sure to take lots of pictures of the cooks I do on it for you. :p

Dude it's a 15 step program. Now follow closely

Step 1-12 get a 12 pack
Step 13 get a crow bar
Step 14 assemble and add fuel
Step 15 add meat and get another 12 pack

See simple.

Ever had one of those spells where you just can't get to what you want? Believe it or not, I took delivery on a brand new Backwoods Gater last November when winter was setting in. Four months later this baby is still in the crate. For the life of me I can't get my head on straight!!!!

You are suffering from PTSD, Phubar-Temperature Smoker Disorder.

The cure is simple:

1. Take your boom box/ipod/music source outside.
  2. Fill each of your smokers with charcoal.
  3. Fire them up.
  4. Place a tri-tip, fatty, butt, or brisket on each one of them.
  5. Find the theme for "Rocky" and crank that mother up! Put it in a loop with "Eye of the Tiger".
  6. Smell the meat cooking.
  7. See the smoke.
  8. Hear the call to get up and get back in the ring! C'MON ROCK!
  9. Crack that box open and welcome the new addition to your family!

That will be one smoked chuckie, please....

Weather doesn't play a roll in my cooking. Get your stuff together and get that blue smoke rolling!

man

I could never spend thousands of dollars one something or whatever those cost just to let it sit there for months without even opening it!!!

I hear ya!
I've been having one of those spells too. Have two new cooking toys and can't find the time to try them out. :cry:

maybe im inpatient, but i would at least burn paper in it just to see it smoking lol. As soon as i get something, i want to use it

I have yet to use my 14" wushtof on meat as I havent cooked a brisket since getting it...but you sure can bet its sliced up cantalopes and other things lol

I recommend a much needed sick day. Those are best shared by friends, so encourage your friends to have a "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."

I also agree that the 15 step plan noted by Bluesman should then be followed!

Back