/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

I know, I know :wink:

Coach jones with the turkey, DaveAlvarado with the ribs, frognot with the desserts.

Thanks everyone that came out and made this a successful bash.

I am whooped and headed off for bed after a couple fingers of Garrison Bros Bourbon and some southern pecan brown ale with frognot and family...

Hope everyone had fun (aside from the ridonkulous wind!!!).

I'll pick a less windy day next time! :wink:

Great pics, fantastic looking food, looks like it was a good time, I'm jealous!

Good to see everyone. Thanks to all for coming. For those who could not make it, I can't wait until the next one to meet you all. Thanks for the pics (and everything else) Peeps!

Just want to add my thanks to all that made this happen, especially the PEEPS FAMILY for all the effort to put it together and all the door prize sponsors, the gift bags were a nice surprise. Mac and I had a great time meeting everyone, seeing different cookers/cooking styles and trying all the outstanding food! Thanks again for letting these Florida boys crash the party.

Edit: Hit the Original Market Diner for breakfast and now sitting at Dallas Love Field terminal waiting on our flight. Rain & strong wind outside, glad we broke camp last night and made it to Dallas to repack all the camping gear in a dry hotel room. Hope the weather was not to bad for y'all that stayed to camp.

Last edited:
We just got home after packing up camp, grabbing breakfast at Fuzzy's, and unloading the truck and trailer into the garage. Light rain while packing up camp and heavier while unloading at home.

I am tired as fark. For some reason, I could not sleep last night despite being exhausted. I laid there, eyes closed for most the night but never got sleepy and never fell asleep except for maybe an hour. Gonna crash here soon!

Safe travels, Dave! Great to meet you and Mac!

Also got home & have unpacked some and vac-packed a pile of left-overs. CD, we have your rice & peas & we're gonna have it with some of Brian's spicy chicken.

Dave, hope you and Mac have a good flight home. Really great to meet y'all and it wouldn't be hard to talk Mrs Frognot into attending a Florida bash.

Gotta hang a couple of damp tents up and finish unloading then probably grab a nap. Gotta lotta thanks and comments to share but kinda sleep-deprived at present to properly do so.

It was an incredible bash!

Everyone please be sure to thank these fine Brethren vendors that donated this great prizes for our goodie bags!

2 boxes of Stark Boards (Stark Boards)
2 bags of Stark Bags (Stark Boards)
1 Maverick ET732 (ATBBQ)
2 Maverick Instant Read Thermometers (ATBBQ)
1 Attitude Apron (ATBBQ)
2 $25 Gift Certificates to AllThingsBBQ.com (ATBBQ)
2 Large bottles of each of Cattleman's California Tri-Tip, 8-Seconds Carne Asada, Original Cowboy, and Steakhouse Rubs (ATBBQ)
3 Small bottles of each of Cattleman's California Tri-Tip, 8-Seconds Carne Asada, Original Cowboy, and Steakhouse Rubs (ATBBQ)
12 Bottles of Hefer Dust (Spicewine)
3 Bottles of Popitude (Simply Marvelous)
3 Bottles of Ted & Barney's (Ted & Barney)
1 Brisket Injection (SpicemanJames)
1 Honey BBQ Sauce (SpicemanJames)
1 Hutchin's BBQ T-Shirt (Hutchin's)
1 $25 Hutchin's BBQ gift certificate (Hutchin's)
3 bags of Game Bird & Chicken Rub (Oakridge BBQ)
3 bags of Black Ops Brisket Rub (Oakridge BBQ)
3 bags of Competition Beef & Pork Rub (Oakridge BBQ)

Looks like a great time. Food looks amazing!!
Is there any way to post names with the group pic? Thanks for sharing!!

Back