Rib Utensil??

Jeremy Moyers

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking for one of the utensils that I've seen Johnny Trigg, Harry Soo and Jamie Geer uses on ribs and chicken. It is basically a long rod with a handle on one end and is turned down on the other end to a sharp point. Man, I hope that makes sense to someone....

Here are a few photos that may help more than that terrible description did...

photocopy2.jpg

photocopy3.jpg

Anyone know where I can find one of these and what they are even called?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Don't no if you have one were you live, but Orchard Supply Hardware has them for about 3 bucks.

I just picked one of those up at Home Depot the other day.

Ours is from home depot too. I don't use it on ribs but its great for brisket and butt (as long as they aren't over cooked.) And it works with our backyard clod, too (18-24lbs.) The hook can get decently deep in the meat for lifting without doing a ton of damage.

Looks cheap but its lasted years of heavy backyard.

be careful of the cheap ones. I bought one a couple of years ago at a big box store (HD, Lowes, one of those) and it bent the first time i tried to use it with a large piece of meat.

I have heard them called pig tail flippers. I bought a set off Amazon and they all sleep in my BBQ accessory drawer permanently.

I also have the pigtail food flipper. I have the box as well. I got the left and right handed models as well. Good product.

The "official" pig-tail guys were at Salisbury, so we bought the small one to try out on flipping chicken. We'll see how it works out but it has to beat tongs and cursing.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I found a few different models and bought all of them.... I'm anxious to try them out and see which one works best for me.

I really appreciate the help.

Jeremy

Back