POS Weber One Touch

capnkrusty

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
FARC, I put a nice rack of ribs on the new Weber to smoke, and I find the lid oblong and oversize by a 1/4" in one section. I guess a little body work is in order.:wacko:

Did you buy it new? If so, call Weber customer service, and they will send you whatever parts you need to make it right. Seriously, Weber customer service rocks.

If you bought it used, they are not hard to tweak. The previous owner may have dropped the lid, or tipped the grill over. But, you can fix it with some gentle persuasion.

CD

Bought new. I've been "leaning on it" and I think I will be able to make it work the way I expect. I've already reduced the gap quite a bit. I just expected more from them the out of the box. I've been cooking on Webers for 30 yrs and this is the first one that did not seal up perfectly. The ribs will still be just fine!

Bought new. I've been "leaning on it" and I think I will be able to make it work the way I expect. I've already reduced the gap quite a bit. I just expected more from them the out of the box. I've been cooking on Webers for 30 yrs and this is the first one that did not seal up perfectly. The ribs will still be just fine!

Sometimes they get bent out of shape in shipping. Seriously, if you can't fix it, Weber customer service will take care of you.

CD

If I were to ever buy another weber kettle new I would check the fit of the lid before doing any assembly.

Not saying I would ever do this :decision: but go buy another one if you can't find your recipt and/or box and put the old one back in it and get a refund. Good luck.

+1 on weber customer service call them and they will make it right.. Im sure it happend during shipping somehow

Back