Pork Butt Prices

bbqbull

Watching over us.
Reaction score
I was at a Meijer Thrifty Acres store this afternoon.

Pork butts were priced at $3.79 per pound. If you plan on purchasing some butts you may want to jump on them now. :crazy:

They where 1.98 here the other day Wasn't to long a go they where .89lb

Local prices here were 2.79/lb. for the last several days.

$25 for a 9lb. pork butt, I'll pass.

Waiting on prices!

I got outraged last night at Sam's.. $2.48/lb for pork but and $2.06/lb for the case pricing.. I made a thread about it yesterday even.

I thought it was Sam's but someone made it clear it was the entire pork market--skyrocketing.

I guess I should go buy a case of pork butts from them before it goes up any higher..

Time for some cost of living adjustments... if you ask me.

I got outraged last night at Sam's.. $2.48/lb for pork but and $2.06/lb for the case pricing.. I made a thread about it yesterday even.

I thought it was Sam's but someone made it clear it was the entire pork market--skyrocketing.

I guess I should go buy a case of pork butts from them before it goes up any higher..

Time for some cost of living adjustments... if you ask me.

Not just pork I read something yesterday that all meats are going up in price

Last I looked was 1.58# here, I better look again I guess. Thanks for the heads up. I had heard beef was going up but not pork. 3.79# is nutz.

I heard one big reason for the meat prices going up is all the exporting we're doing. Pretty soon we'll be a third world country where we cannot afford to eat what we farm, and will barbecuing dogs and cats.. (looking at my dog "Pepper" now.. hrm.. what rub would be tasty.)

I just had a look at pork butts today while working at a supermarket in Boston ma today, $3.50 a lb! That's insane!

You can also thank the "tree huggers" for all the corn used for the alcohol (10 %) that is in all our gasoline now. What is left goes for feed at a greatly increased price to the meat producers. Alcohol is supposed to be drunk, not power our vehicles, and ruin them in the process. :yield:

Blessings, :pray:
Omar

If you are in Houston like I am, you can still get picnics for $1.29 per lb at Food Town. They ran them at .99 per lb for quite a while, but went up a couple of weeks ago.

Picnics work for me as well as, if not better, than butts.

I wish I could find some butts at 99¢ a pound! I usually always find em in between 1.50 and 2.25.

They are 1.69 to 1.89 all the time around here. Go on sale for 99-1.40 fairly often.

Back