Master Forge 6 burner Grill

Big Juicy

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I am seeking your ideas and suggestions.

Master Forge 6-Burner (75,000 BTU) Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Item #: 340113 | Model #: GR1008-015039

091075416254lg.jpg

I won this guy a couple of weekends at work. I have been busy since I won this so I havent cracked it open yet. I love the size of this thing (seen pics and a youtube video) and will be able to use it for our bigger shindigs. I have been wanting/needing a grill with a bigger cooking surface so i was super excited when i won this thing. What I don't like about it is that it doesn't have a lid so it limits me to just hamburgers, hot dogs, steaks, chicken, etc.

I am asking for your help in what should I do with this thing? Should I keep it and only use it roughly 5ish times a year for just the basic cookout? Should I sell it still in the box and get another grill that has a lid? Should I put it together and then sell it and get another grill that has a lid? This is the option I really want to do: keep it and have a lid made for it!

If you think I should keep it and have a lid made for it, will you help in pointing me in the right direction of where I should go (I live in Elkin, NC) and/or any other info I might need to get this thing made. I know I won the grill but I still would like to keep the price of the lid as low as possible.

Thank you to the ones that read this (I hope this will help someone in the future) and a big THANK YOU to the ones that will take the time and reply!

We throw them away at school every 3 years or so. Though it would be cool for big tailgating parties, if your looking for a home use grill, I'd prob try to get every penny you can for it and put towards a weber

If I won it I'd be happy with it just the way it is. I cook for a lot of people a lot and my lid gets in the way.

Thanks guys for your feedback. Believe me, if I could afford to have huge bbq's every weekend, I would!

Review of Unit

They work great for grilling large amounts of burgers, sausage, and or chicken.

You don't really need a cover because by the time you start at one side and get to the end, it is time to start servicing the meat at the beginning again..

I have one similar that is charcoal fueled.

Just me, but I would sell it to fund a smaller charcoal/gas grill. Two smaller grills would be more versatile

I will be flipping like Spongebob!

I do have a Weber Q, a basic square charcoal grill and a Chargrill 2 burner grill (ordered from least used to most used). If I were to sell it an option would be to get a bigger lidded propane grill and maybe pass the 2 burner on.

I am going to search for a griddle to throw on this thing right now!

I had one like that only a smaller version.

It worked well when grilling burgers and things but it was a gigantic pain to clean.

Well brethren, I assembled her last night.

After we came back from my daughters game this evening, I wiped her down with olive oil and ran her for about 30 minutes on high to let the oil soak in and burn off anything that needs to go.

I will be using her later this evening. My little brother came in from serving in Egypt last week and he made it back to NC this morning! I am going to keep her. I will see about a lid or not after a few uses. I hope she is not to bad to keep clean.

I have a similiar grill and take it to church for their bbq's. Serves a 50 plus or hundreds of people pretty quick.

Back