• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cinco de mayo fatty!

ThatOneDude

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
8FGsuMw.jpg

3 pounds pork sausage, crumbled and mixed with one mild and one hot packet of taco seasoning.

nLE7QLY.jpg

Added mexican rice.

ZJr8ZnH.jpg

Added Cilantro.

6bfZ8R7.jpg

Added Onion.

WjWf5aN.jpg

Added Salsa.

E57LlHW.jpg

Added Cheese.

Htlnurh.jpg

Wrapped and sat on counter for an hour.

gAS0nD7.jpg

After an hour at 250 - 300 degrees.

sGohTuV.jpg

After two hours at 250 - 300 degrees. Pulled and wrapped in foil for half an hour.

O0HZQdZ.jpg

No flash.

FNiqwKo.jpg

With Flash.

I was really hesitant as this was my first fatty, but I was very happy with it and received many compliments!

Last edited:
Looks great. It would be useful if you labelled each step so mugs like me can attempt to duplicate.
John

Looks great. You will get less eruptions if you center the filling and cook down the onions a little before stuffing. Also chill the fatty before you smoke it.

How the H did you get that thing so perfect looking? Did you use that saran wrap to roll it? I really want to know.

Looks great. You will get less eruptions if you center the filling and cook down the onions a little before stuffing. Also chill the fatty before you smoke it.

Thanks for the tips! I definitely thought letting it come to room temperature would be the way to go, but I will try it chilled next time (probably hold up better too!)

How the H did you get that thing so perfect looking? Did you use that saran wrap to roll it? I really want to know.

I rolled it very carefully on the cutting board. Took some finesse! Once i got it rolled I wrapped it in Saran Wrap and formed it. I don't think I'll make them this big in the future, it was difficult to handle.

I thought 2lbs of fatty was good!! That looks great!:thumb:

I rolled it very carefully on the cutting board. Took some finesse! Once i got it rolled I wrapped it in Saran Wrap and formed it. I don't think I'll make them this big in the future, it was difficult to handle.

That's what she said.

And thanks!

Back