Building a 42" Brick Pizza Oven & Grill.

Some work from yesterday.. Got the chimney pretty much done, i just need to complete the bricks on the face/around the arch.

dllzwi.jpg

Started to level and straighten the top of the arch to allow for the chimney to set on

2emdgdu.jpg

My father insisted we add two rebars above each arch, for some support, not sure if it would do much but we went with it

6z6g6d.jpg

161gto4.jpg

Top layer done

29e3f50.jpg

Starting the red bricks/chimney

330fcc0.jpg

Inside the chimney, yes it was cleaned up

28thoy8.jpg

And here is the chimney, i plan on installing a granite counter/shelf in front of the entry, i have lots of left over granite from my kitchen remodel, so these will go to good use.

ojf3fo.jpg

Coming along nicely!

And speaking of the view you're located in the northern region of the valley by chance?

Looking Great!:thumb:
Love the stone "eave" and keystone!

From the prev pics of the flue, it should breathe very well.

Some more work done from the other day.

Im really loving these bricks. Minus the fact that all the bricks are different sizes. Wouldn't be surprised if they were hand made. For the installation of the brick we cut them in half, basically doubling the use of these bricks, so we installed them with thinset, we will go back and fill the gaps with mortar.

ih08xj.jpg

27xpced.jpg

Beautiful sky from last night

xfbxg2.jpg

Removed the entry/arch form, need to fill in the gaps with fine sand.

358qde8.jpg

Beautiful brick work! You'll definitely be enjoying your new outdoor cooking area this summer!

Back