• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cowboy Steak

Robicus129

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I recently heard about these. I thought I might give it a shot. I went to the local market and picked up a few Angus steaks. Looked like a meat lollipop and biggins at that.

Salt and peppered and thats it. I threw the fork in for scale.
IMAG0585.jpg

Cooked indirect with Wicked Good Lump on Weber OTG.
IMAG0593.jpg

Tasted great, no way that one person could eat all that unless you haven't eaten in a few days. Made great leftovers.

My wife is not a big beef person so Chipotle/Limon Chicken breasts and some peppers.
IMAG0591.jpg

Very nice. Rippin for the bone in ribeye here to. My favorite steak but since we butcher we ususally dont leave the tomahawk handle extension (just leave bone on the meat).

You can't go wrong with that cut unless you don't cook it right or don't like steak.

It was thick and I was in no rush. I was finishing up a dirt bike motor for a local guy at the same time. So indirect was the flavor of the day.

Looks great.

I saw some of those when I was in Fresh Market last trip. The butcher was busy so I didn't have time to get grilling advice from him about them.

I'll give 'em a try sometime. My wife and I both prefer ribeyes to all other cuts so it sounds like we'd go for these, too.

Back