• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Summerfest

Big George's BBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Did anyone esle get an E Mail from Chuck Sheffield of the New Holland Summerfest saying he was robbed in England and needed money to get home. To me seems like a scam

No - but it does seem scam like to me... anyone have his phone # - a quick call could clear that up.

For probably the last 3 years or so this is a scam; the result of a persons email account getting hacked.

It's definitely a scam -- it happened (the scam, not the robbery) to my sister once. Worst part was my sister works for the Scottish Government, so she spends a lot of time in the UK and I actually had reason to believe it was real.

I got the email also George and have heard of the scam before, so I didn't pay any atention to it.

Its a scam...I had recieved a similiar email saying my dad was stranded in the philipines and needed money. Funny thing is that I recieved the email while I was with my dad and I pulled a $20 bill, gave it to him and he asked what that was for. I told him well apparently you are stranded in the philipines and need money to get home. I showed him the email on my phone and we just laughed.

Here is what I got:

I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but it’s because of the situation of things right now.

I’m on vacation in London, I know I didn't mention anything about it to you but I am trouble, I was mugged last night in an alley by a gang of thugs on my way back from shopping, one of them had a knife poking my neck for almost two minutes and everything i had on us including my phone, credit cards were all stolen, quite honestly it was beyond a dreadful experience for me but looking on the bright side I wasn't seriously hurt or injured and I am still alive so that is what is important. I've reported to the cops here and canceled all my cards, it appeared I had acted quickly enough or they almost would have succeeded in cleaning out my bank account. I'm really having some difficulties clearing our hotel bills and also need to pick up a voucher ticket at the counter for me to catch a flight back home as soon as possible. All I need right now is $1,950 or anything you can spare pending when I get things straightened out will be appreciated and I promise to refund you as soon as i arrive home safely, western union is the best way to get money across to me. Please get back to me as soon as possible to let you know how you can get the money across to me.

Chuck Sheffield
New Holland Summer Fest Committee

I was going to send the money, but I was $.37 short.

Sorry Chuck.

Maybe next year.

And, stay away from those places where you might get mugged!!!

wallace

I got an e-mail from Chuck explaning that their data was hacked and all is well. he should call the amish mafia:tape:

Back