• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Really cold breasts. I am a believer!!

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I am just tired of having the thighs done properly on the turkey and the breast is overcooked so I finally listened to advice and iced the breast for 30 minutes before smoking. Of course, I did a 24 hour brine beforehand as well. Throughout the entire cook, the breast was 10 degrees cooler than the thigh. Perfect!!

For the rub, I used Harry Soo's secret ingredient..... Tang! High sugar content, orange flavor. It came out great. The sugar caramelized beautifully and it had a hint of orange flavor...

Sorry, no pics. Too many people......

I helped my SIL out today. Had her put ice on the the breast before we put it in the oven. Yes, at my brother's house and not smoking equipment. I did put two full breasts on the gasser with apple chips in a smoker box. Those did turn out amazing. I didn't even have to brine those. Glad things worked out for you.

That's the way to do it Marty!

Bucc, I see you like Einstein quotes. One that kinda caught me in college many farking years ago went something like this:
"Common sense are those prejudices acquired prior to the age of 13." Einstein was one remarkable human!!

Bucc, I see you like Einstein quotes. One that kinda caught me in college many farking years ago went something like this:
"Common sense are those prejudices acquired prior to the age of 13." Einstein was one remarkable human!!

Proper use of the word
"AWESOME HUMAN!"
I agree Marty!

Back