warped weber otg lid

pal251

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I bought a otg for $7 off of craigslist a while back. I knew it had a warped lid but I really just wanted the grates and hardware. Do you have any ideas how I could bend it back to fit? I don't see any bends on the lip or any obvious damage. It just doesn't fit on either my OTG or OTS

Call weber support and you can get a replacement.

Free? I don't want to scam

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Depends on the year the grill was made. If you want a free solution, I am not sure how to get it to close to a true round

Measure the length at a few different points. When you determine a "long" side, place the lid on a piece of wood on the ground and apply pressure to the "long" side. Continue to do this a little at a time until the lid fits. I have rehabbed over a dozen weber kettles and have done this many times.

Measure the length at a few different points. When you determine a "long" side, place the lid on a piece of wood on the ground and apply pressure to the "long" side. Continue to do this a little at a time until the lid fits. I have rehabbed over a dozen weber kettles and have done this many times.
This works. If this "0" is an exaggerated version of the lid seen sideways, press down from the top toward the bottem.

Put the lid on your good kettle bottom and see where it doesn't fit - that's the long side. Sit on it :)

I had to do this and it works.

Back