• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Jack Automatics

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Who are the automatics this year?

Butcher (7)
Slap Yo Daddy (7)
Truebud (7)
3Eyez (7)
Motley Que (AR Open & Houston Livestock)
Smokin Hoggz (Jack)
Yazoo's (MIM)
Munchin Hogs (7?)
Ponderosa (Idaho?)
Parrothead (SD)
Spitfire (ND)
QHaven (VT)
Diva Q (Something in Canada)
Fatback Joe (NH)
Chix Swine & Bovine (WV)
Gonehoggin.com - (DE)
Firefighter BBQ - (DC)
Lakeside Smokers - (RI)
ZBQ - (CT)
Yabba Dabba Q - (MA)
Bear Naked (AK)

Last edited by a moderator:

Butcher (7)
Slap Yo Daddy (7)
Truebud (7)
3Eyez (7)
Smokin Hoggz (Jack)
Yazoo's (MIM)
Munchin Hogs (7?)
Ponderosa (Idaho?)
Parrothead (SD)
Spitfire (ND)
QHaven (CT)
Diva Q (Something in CA)
Chix Swine & Bovine - WV
Gonehoggin.com - DE
Firefighter BBQ - DC
Lakeside Smokers - RI
Fatback Joe - NH
ZBQ - CT
Yabba Dabba Q - MA

Butcher (7)
Slap Yo Daddy (7)
Truebud (7)
3Eyez (7)
Smokin Hoggz (Jack)
Yazoo's (MIM)
Munchin Hogs (7?)
Ponderosa (Idaho?)
Parrothead (SD)
Spitfire (ND)
QHaven (CT)
Diva Q (Something in Canada)
Fatback Joe (NH)
Chix Swine & Bovine (WV)
Gonehoggin.com - (DE)
Firefighter BBQ - (DC)
Lakeside Smokers - (RI)
Fatback Joe - (NH)
ZBQ - (CT)
Yabba Dabba Q - (MA)
Bear Naked (AK)

Me - New Hampshire.

And your evil twin too I see.:mrgreen:

According to this thread, Moving the Chains is an "automatic." If there's only one team that enters the draw from a state, does that team go through the draw, or are they really automatic? In either case, does that have any effect on home state reps?

dmp

According to this thread, Moving the Chains is an "automatic." If there's only one team that enters the draw from a state, does that team go through the draw, or are they really automatic? In either case, does that have any effect on home state reps?

dmp

Not if the cutoff date is Aug. 31?

IPA in Portland still is on the PNWBA Calendar for 8/18

IQUE (10)

Nope. Being invited to the Jack 10 times gets you one free pass which I cashed in last season. I am back to scrapping for an invite exactly like everyone else.

I edited the first post to remove iQue. If Munchin' Hogs is confirmed at 5 I can remove them, too.

Nope. Being invited to the Jack 10 times gets you one free pass which I cashed in last season. I am back to scrapping for an invite exactly like everyone else.

i'm sure you're sure, but are you sure?

i thought an accomplishment like that meant you were in forever.

i'm sure you're sure, but are you sure?

i thought an accomplishment like that meant you were in forever.

The rule, as written from the documentation from BF says

After a team has competed at "The Jack" nine times, the tenth year they win a qualifying competition, they will be invited without going through any draws.

Based on the exact wording, only the tenth year circumvents the draw. Even they twentieth time wouldn't count. Another interesting thing, I had thought the rule was that after you "qualify" for The Jack nine times, the tenth time you don't have to go through. Kinda like saying "If you're that good for that long, you don't have to be lucky on top of it." It would appear that I misunderstood, and you have to not only qualify, and not only receive an invite, but actually compete the first nine times....:(

dmp

The rule, as written from the documentation from BF says

Based on the exact wording, only the tenth year circumvents the draw. Even they twentieth time wouldn't count. Another interesting thing, I had thought the rule was that after you "qualify" for The Jack nine times, the tenth time you don't have to go through. Kinda like saying "If you're that good for that long, you don't have to be lucky on top of it." It would appear that I misunderstood, and you have to not only qualify, and not only receive an invite, but actually compete the first nine times....:(

dmp

agreed, your reading of the rule seems more accurate than mine was.

That's funny Ryan. I proposed that and they said maybe they would bring back past champs for #25. We could all do a people's choice. I told them not to expect any to accept that offer...

Back