BBQ Pit Boys - Potato BOMB

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This looked kind of interseting. Have you tried it? I might have to give it a whirl.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aUNmtSgB0c&feature=relmfu"]Potato Bombs recipe by the BBQ Pit Boys - YouTube[/ame]

no they sound pretty clear. background music could be a little lower but all in all its clear.

Great idea that I will try. It sounded to me they recorded the audio later.

The audio is dubbed in. Anyway, I saw this recipe for the first time the other day and love it. I am going to try it with pre-cooked bacon chopped into bits. Cheddar cheese and jalapeno. Plus a have a few other ideas.

I was also thinking of maybe making a puree of ingredients and pouring it into the center of the potato before capping off and cooking.

Great idea for fish camp this fall, thanks for sharing it with us!

I didn't watch the video but saw the potatoes on a German forum a few months ago. Thought I'd try it but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Yeah, I'm a slacker. :becky:

They look like they could be really good and rather versatile.

The video was about ten minutes too long in my opinion, but if I had been on a faster connection I could have fast forwarded to get the idea. Otherwise I think it was a well made amateur video, two big thumbs up.:thumb::thumb:

Sent from my Reynold's Foil Hat using Boil-A-Rib 2

"Sent from my Reynold's Foil Hat using Boil-A-Rib 2"

:mrgreen:

I find the narration to be annoying. They have other vids where the narrator doesn't try to talk like a character from Gunsmoke (or choose your Western of choice).

Whoah, thanks for the idea! I think I found my next project for this summer's BBQ parties!

Must try now!!! Alright, how long will these take running the smoker at 250-275F?

Must try now!!! Alright, how long will these take running the smoker at 250-275F?

I'm gonna say that depends on the potato and the filling. I would think anything inside should be quite safe by the time the potato gets soft, but for uncooked meats you would probably be wise to probe the center to be sure.

I would guess two to two and a half hours.

Sent from my Reynold's Foil Hat using Boil-A-Rib 2

I saw the video a while back and can't remember if they foil them.
Anyhow, my variation is to poke small holes in the potatoes with a fork, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle on some salt and pepper, no foil.
Also, instead of having huge "plugs" sticking out I cut the "core" piece and just used its two smaller ends as "plugs".
Turned out great.

Did some potato bombs tonight, 2 hrs. @ 325*. Put ham, cheese, butter & onion inside with a bacon wrap! Pretty good stuff!
2012_03145-20-120006.JPG

Back