Price of peanut oil?

caliking

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The plan is to fry a turkey this year. Have read multiple posts and have the strategy down for a safe, tasty, fun turkey fry.

In trying to figure out how much oil to have on hand (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120084) I found that prices can vary quite a bit (as with many things).

So, If you are frying a turkey this year, can you let me know the price in your neck of the woods i.e. cost, quantity/volume purchased, and where it was purchased from.

Here in Houston:
Costco 35lbs (4.5gallons) was $36 + tax.
Bass Pro 3gallons was $36 + tax

That's a significant difference!

I second the vegetable oil. I have done plenty of birds with vegetable oil.

Wally World this week is $32 for a 3 gallon container here in Melboooring Fl.

That's a steal!

Cali, my advise is to buy now because they really jack up the price as T-Day approaches around here. (As much as $20 a gallon!)

It's $29 here at most places for 3 gallons, I checked the price at the end of last month and it was freakn 19 bucks:shock: for 3 g at academy.

That's a steal!

Cali, my advise is to buy now because they really jack up the price as T-Day approaches around here. (As much as $20 a gallon!)
:faint:

$20/gallon?! That's steep! Got mine from Costco for ~$8/gallon, but I think I will have more than I need. Better than falling short I guess.

In the past I've seen 3 gal bottles of blended peanut and canola oil much cheaper than pure peanut oil. Just thought I'd throw that out there as another option.

Doesn'thelp right now but buy it after the Christmas season for a steal..Bought 3 gallon containers from Lowes for $7.50 when I bought my Charbroil oil less fryer, and Butterball indoor electric fryer. They were $20 and $22 respectively!!! You can get some insane deals at Lowes and when I checked the oil will stay good easily to next years holiday time.

brickie

Doesn'thelp right now but buy it after the Christmas season for a steal..Bought 3 gallon containers from Lowes for $7.50 when I bought my Charbroil oil less fryer, and Butterball indoor electric fryer. They were $20 and $22 respectively!!! You can get some insane deals at Lowes and when I checked the oil will stay good easily to next years holiday time.

brickie

Great tip. I will keep my eyes peeled for sales after xmas. Lowes has some great deals during their post-season sales. Now, if they would just put Stubbs briqs on sale again.

Back