• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Beef Recipes

MoKanMeathead

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Doin a contest in a couple of weeks where one of the categories is "any part of the cow". I imagine most teams will be doin prime rib, fillets, etc. trying to impress the judges. Not us.

Looking for a good recipe for beef tongue! :twisted: Anyone have one? Might even throw in a couple of beef nads with it. Make a good presentation. Ok moderator you may have to move this one - sorry.

My favorite is curing the beef tongue in a pastrami cure-then smoking it. Low and slow, like a brisket. If you foil your brisket, then I would say do the same. Oh, and make a rub out of the pastrimi spices, and use it when the tongue comes out of the cure.
Can not help you on the nads, I have eaten them fried, but never cooked them myself.

qman

Smoked tongue?? I used to have it when I was a kid - boiled and I liked it. Smoked? Wow. Finding someone else in my house that would help me eat it might be a chore though!

Re: RE: Beef Recipes

Arlin_MacRae said:
Smoked tongue?? I used to have it when I was a kid - boiled and I liked it. Smoked? Wow. Finding someone else in my house that would help me eat it might be a chore though!

Don't worry--if you can't find help eating it, just makes more for you. great snack, for lunches etc. :D

qman

RE: Re: RE: Beef Recipes

We used to eat boiled tognue too. But I think it was smoked first - or at least cured. Good stuff

Glad I'm not judging that one. I guess you have to assume that you won't win that catagory.

We are planning a tongue soon. We plan on boiling, then peeling the skin and smoking. Double cook mod badge.

Back