Tapenade Stuffed Pork Loin and THEN some.....

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
My oldest younger brother's in town (I have 2 youngers) from Jacksonville, FL this week and we planned dinner at my place last night. Dad called me over the weekend and asked if I new how to cook a pork loin because he had one in the freezer.

HECK YEAH!!!!

My favorite way to do a pork loin is to STUFF it with a black olive tapenade. I used Steve Raichlen's recipe out of his "How To Grill" book:

(2) 6 oz cans of pitted black olives
2 cloves garlic
2 TBS drained capers
1 TBS dijon mustard
1 TSP dried oregano (I used 1 TBS fresh this time)

Process all above in a food processor to a paste, adding about 1 TBS olice oil while running the processor.

THEN, butterfly the pork loin.

I TOTALLY forgot to have the camera running during the butterfly! Here's a short video on how to butterfly a pork loin in case you've not seen this before:
‪Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe : How to Prep Meat for Stuffed Pork Loin‬‏ - YouTube

Here's what it looked like after I'd butterflied it and put the tapenade on the opened loin and then rolled back up:
IMG_3087.jpg

And HERE it is after I've added about 6-8 slices of bacon around the roast and started tying it up.....
IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3091.jpg

WIFE was manning the camera.......MY photos are NEVER blurry....:roll::heh:

Then I trimmed the excess of the string off. Here it is when finishing up...
IMG_3090.jpg

Then a little sprinkle of Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple:
IMG_3092.jpg

Now, since I was feeding 18 people last night, I knew that the 1/2 loin wouldn't be enough, so the wife also picked up a couple of chickens that I trimmed, stuffed with orange and apple, trussed and rubbed with Simply Marvelous Cherry: (photo taken prior to stuffing and trussing, BTW)
IMG_3093.jpg

And on the 350 degree smoker with pecan and cherry smoke until the pork was just shy of 150 IT and the chickens were 170 in the thigh and about 160 in the breast. Here's how they looked after a good rest:
IMG_3095.jpg

The loin:
IMG_3096.jpg

Cut......
IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

You could cut this pork loin with a fork! Best one I've ever done. If you've not tried this recipe.......get ya some!!!!

The PLATE, with fresh tomato and avocado salad with a buttermilk dressing, Mom's (Grandma's recipe) coleslaw, fresh Indiana sweet corn and a ice cold mug of some "Nectar of the gods".....:thumb:
IMG_3105.jpg

It was a FULL HOUSE last night. Had to sit em all over the place. Happy faces all around......
IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

It's very rare that the whole family is reunited. This was one of those times. Mom and Dad, my two brothers and I and our wives and kids all together again.

Good times...!

Thanks for lookin'!!!

Last edited:
Everything looks great, Kempis! It looks like everyone enjoyed themselves.

I beginning to think maybe you really can cook.

Great job Wampus!

What a feast! Congrats, bro! :clap2: :hungry: :clap2:

Dude... :thumb:

The meal, the pics and the commentary are epic... Great job. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Wish is was in your Phamily!:becky:
Thanks for sharing Bro!:cool:

Wow! That is a lot of folks! More important.. that is a lot of HAPPY SMILES! :-D
I love pork loins, thanks for sharing!!!

Everything looks great and eveyone looks happy.

I think you nailed it!:thumb:

Good job, Brother.

Nothing beats a STUFFED pork loin. Looks like you had a great turn out and wonderful time! :clap2:

.....BUT, I personally would have to forgo the OLIVE stuffing!!! If I find one olive (Black or Green) on an entire pizza, I farking can't eat any of it! I know, I must be dysfunctional! Just sayin :becky:

Take that Chambers!

Man, Wamp. That looks excellent. Copied to my faves. I think some andouille would be a good compliment to that tapenade...

Nice! ... I'm from J'Ville. Wish I was in on that road trip just for the food.

Take that Chambers!

Man, Wamp. That looks excellent. Copied to my faves. I think some andouille would be a good compliment to that tapenade...

Wait........pork sausage INSIDE a pork loin?

YOU, sir, are a farking GENIUS!!!!
I've never actually had andouille, but I'd bet ANY flavorful sausage would compliment it well.:thumb:

you're welcome for looking. BUT!

thanks for sharing! that is what cooking and Q is all about!

that looks farkin' awesome, man! I love me olives...gonna have to give that try real SOON!
thanks!!

Back