Cooking Class Northeast teams - 4/2

Jacked UP BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Competition BBQ Class May 14 in New Jersey

Beat the learning curve and get the CALL your first comp out. Jacked Up BBQ (formerly Ocean County Pig Assassins) and R2-BQ will be holding a competition BBQ class May 14, 2011 9am - ? Monmouth County NJ. Location to be announced. The cost will be $300 per person. $50 from fee will be donated to Ocean Of Love. They are a local support group for families with children with Cancer. They give money to the families for house bills, Dr. bills, travel expenses, and anything esle the families need during these terrible times. Not only will this class be a great learning experience but it is for a GREAT CAUSE!

Class outline:
1. Meat Selection
2. Meat prep (butchering, rubbing, injecting, etc)
3. Cooking methods
4. Meat temps
5. Getting meat ready to box
6. Saucing
7. Adjusting for flavor on the fly
8. Box building
9. Meat presentation
10. The circuits most popular rubs and sauces

You will be getting two classes for the price of one, both teams will show their stuff, nothing held back!

You will be learing all the recipes that have won GC's, Reserves. Countless First's and top tens in each category.

You will be able to take pictures along with your notes.

Donuts and coffee all day along with the BBQ we cook for lunch and some tasty sides!

Email at mara600@comcast.net for more information and signup

Last edited:
I will be attending! check is in the mail, gonna be one of the best classes around, down to earth guys who can really cook!!

its funny, about a week ago there was a thread about what to do first....take a class or just jump in for a comp. i said i never took a class and thought it would be a good idea for a new team to do so before even going to a comp. it helps teams with questioning themselves on what the right and wrong thing to do is. i have wanted to take a class because i see how many established teams take them and im sure its nice to see how other people cook their food. maybe gather some new ideas. i might have to jump on board for this one considering i only live in the next county. let me check my schedule and i'll let you know..........gotta get that brisket recipe thats been tearing it up. :mod:

Jacked Up Class

Matt and gang,

Good luck with your class. I am sure it will fill fast. Send me a link and I will put it on my website. You guys are good cooks and better people. If I lived a bit closer I would be there~

This class is a no brainer for any team looking to get that "edge" or to get over that hump and move into the top 3 or 5 teams in every comp they do, or for the first timers out there who just want to learn what it takes to BBQ like a pro. Matt is a hell of a pitmaster and you will not be dissappointed in this class.

Although, if you're like me and think he's a hack,:boxing:...... then look at it this way.... it's for a good cause.

Oh cut out....I totally contradicted myself on purpose. It was just a jab, hence the little "boxing buddy".....You know I love you Matty

I know you do, We are actually changing the day to 4/2. Dont know what we are thinking trying in may. There is way too much going on. We are going to go 4/2/2010. NOt only will we be banging out thousands of pounds of meat that weekend for Salisbury, but we will be teaching the class and doing a practice cook all in one. Gonna be a great time.

Back