Bacon Blue Cheese Plowburgers

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Todd mentioned in this thread adding Bovine Bold and some coffee to burger mix, so I did. :-D

I started out with a pound of ground round and added 1/4 cup garlic and herb seasoned bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of Bovine Bold, 1 teaspoon of Roastin' Ronnie's Fox Valley Blend fresh roasted coffee ground to an espresso grind, one tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and one egg. I mixed it all up and made three burger patties out of it.

I grilled them in Egglet (the small Egg) and topped them with some blue cheese crumbles...

IMG_0177.JPG

Then I added some applewood smoked bacon...

IMG_0178.JPG

and a slice of sweet onion, tomato, avocado and some ketchup and mustard...

IMG_0179.JPG

The result was almost to big for my mouth :becky: :clap2:

IMG_0181.JPG

We also had a green salad (no pics of the salad. Maybe it never happened :p) and some sautéed zucchini and onions seasoned with some of Todd's Dirt.

IMG_0183.JPG

The Plowburgers were very good. I would definitely do that again!

Ron, I used some BBQers Delight Black Walnut pellets in my Mini BGE on my steaks. Never used black walnut. Would do it again for sure.

I'd dive into that! I tried a little instant coffee rubbed on steak this past Sunday and it was pretty good. I will have to try it on a hamburger now.

Looks great Ron... I've not tried avacado on a burger. Looks tasty!

Great looking Burger! My wife loves Avocado (more than the Burgers) I know what I will be trying now. The Pellet idea has my attention too.

Nice! Avacado on a burger, pick that up while you were in Cali? Good way to make it healthy and natural.:thumb:

Man I love avocado burgers that looks delicious. I've used bovine bold on burgers and really liked the flavor. Yours looks AWESOME!

Avocados are great on anything.

I frequently eat them with just lemon pepper.

Outstanding burger! I use coffee grounds to enhance my greens and also field or black eyed peas but never thought to use in a burger until I saw that post too. Glad you jumped in on it and posted the results!:thumb::thumb:

Nice! Avacado on a burger, pick that up while you were in Cali? Good way to make it healthy and natural.:thumb:

I may have. We've been doing it for long enough that I don't remember what inspired it. At least I haven't started adding sprouts to everything :becky:

Back