• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Breakfast Idea! Might be an idea for caterers for breakfasts! Recipe pron

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Cabin fever has given me time to go through old family recipes and I found this gem. It was in Great Grandma's Ash's book.. Seems easy enough that I cant believe I haven't don it yet. With a little slant of smoked sausage to to kick it up... Would prolly make real mini fatties ahead of time and let them cool. Then prepare the kabobs and reheat on the smoker. Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens 1959. Enjoy!

bhg.jpg

bhg2.jpg

bhg3.jpg

bhg4.jpg

Hmm, that looks tasty. I used to love Swift's Brown and Serve sausage.

Hmm, that looks tasty. I used to love Swift's Brown and Serve sausage.

Yup I does look good and real kid friendly depending the kabob build. I am sure we will see some ideas to Brethrenize them. That just makes them even better... 8)

Mmmm, real butter...

When I first saw the little cubie things with the sausage I thought they were potato chunks, which sounds pretty good too, come to think of it. Hash browns might be hard to thread on the skewer...

Too cool, Ash. Personally, I'd love to see more out of great grandma's old recipe files.

Mmmm, real butter...

When I first saw the little cubie things with the sausage I thought they were potato chunks, which sounds pretty good too, come to think of it. Hash browns might be hard to thread on the skewer...

Too cool, Ash. Personally, I'd love to see more out of great grandma's old recipe files.

What intrigued me as well is that these were saved for so long. February 1959. My mom Grandma Ash to the kids graduated high school in 1955 and I was born in 1965. I do remember the bread looking like that when I was young compared to the sliced we have now. Remember Great Grandma Ash and her white (I guess unsalted butter) But I was pretty young for the Oleio wars.... I will see about getting more out there tonight..

Back