I can't be the only person this happens to... can I?

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I started the weekend not planning on doing ANY cooking... nothing, nada, zip.
That didn't last long.
Friday night - pizza. Why? cause it's Friday night.

Saturday - had a huge lunch out (so at least I stuck to PART of my plan)
While we are at BJs Wholesale yesterday morning Big Al says - "I want to go over and look at the meats." I think to myself - why, we have plenty in the freezer.. Next thing I know there is a tiny brisket flat in the cart
Big Al - "I thought "we'd" cook this tomorrow for my dad and take it over to him"
Me - OK, "we" can do that.

This morning "we" (read I) get up, fire up the Egg and get the brisket on - it really is a cute little 3.39 pounder - a baby really.
Big Al saunters downstairs about an hour later and we have the "what are we going to have for dinner" conversation, which turns into the " what are we going to pack for lunch this week" conversation.
So now I go from not doing anything on a Sunday to cooking:
1 brisket
9 chicken thighs
5 Brats

Hummmmmmm.....:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

ps... Big Al did make me a cup of coffee so I guess he gets a few points...

Last edited:
I get the "we have to" thing from my wife all the time. I have learned that when she says "we" have to do some work around the house/yard/garage/basement she really means I have to do some work around the house/yard/garage/basement.

So your sayin that while you hung out by the Egg all weekend. Big AL got himself dressed,brushed his own teeth,did the shopping,and still had time to make you coffee?
You may owe him dessert.:p:p

Big Al is a lucky man!

I would love to be able to wake up and have my brisket prepped and cooking.

LMAJ, Can ya through something on the smoke for us and have it done say about.....4:00?:becky:

You are absolutely correct, you are not the only person this sort of thing happens to. My guess is if you're a Brethren it happens more often than not! :biggrin:

NOT JUST today Lyn!! You've been a cooking machine the last few day!!!
I found a whole brisket finally, 4.49 a lb!:boxing: so i'm looking at about 50 bucks to cook a whole brisket for the first time?? I THINK NOT!!:p

Well, I had my Rotator Cuff surgery on Fri. So, I figured I didn't want to be the one armed chef this weekend. Got outa my recliner yesterday morning after about an hour & a half of sleep & my 1st thought was "I have a 10# piece of chuckie in the freezer". So it went on the drum this am. Man it smells gooood!!! It's resting in the cooler as I type.

chuckroll.jpg

I know what you mean. I've got a spatchcocked chick in the fridge for dinner tonight (leftovers for tomorrow's lunch at work) and my beautiful wife told me that she wants green enchiladas this week. That means I might as well grill up the chicken tonight to save time during the week. Maybe I can fit something else on the egg for later in the week. :biggrin:

Tell Big Al to get in there and fix you a sandwich! :biggrin:

Well, I have never had anyone named Big Al come down the stairs and ask me what I am cooking for him. So, it has never happened to me.

Back