Pork Trim

I took Tim & Brad's class last month in MO. The class was fantastic and I highly recommend it to anyone who cooks hot & fast or wants to. Watching Tim trim the pork but in person was an eye opener.

Brad also cooked the most amazing chicken bite I have ever had. Both Tim & Brad were great teachers.

One highlight was a young Lady who didn't seem to know much about BBQ so she enrolled in the class. The fact that 7 time world BBQ champion Melissa Cookston was in the class is a serious endorsement and a great surprise.

Great video. Well done.

I took Tim & Brad's class last month in MO. The class was fantastic and I highly recommend it to anyone who cooks hot & fast or wants to. Watching Tim trim the pork but in person was an eye opener.

Brad also cooked the most amazing chicken bite I have ever had. Both Tim & Brad were great teachers.

One highlight was a young Lady who didn't seem to know much about BBQ so she enrolled in the class. The fact that 7 time world BBQ champion Melissa Cookston was in the class is a serious endorsement and a great surprise.

Great video. Well done.

Thank you for the kind words! Melissa is awesome.

There is a chicken video posted and rumor has it I filmed Travis Clark doing a brisket tutorial this weekend that will be posted soon. Be sure to “Like” the National BBQ League on Facebook for more content like this.

Very impressed with the content on these NBBQL videos being posted. I totally would have expected throwaway content.

Very impressed with the content on these NBBQL videos being posted. I totally would have expected throwaway content.

I appreciate it! We are just getting things started. We have some very exciting content on the way. The way we see it, the only way we make our hobby bigger and better is to generate excitement and make people interested in what we are doing.

One way to do that is to let people see what it’s like in the trailer. Cooks are the product. BBQ has a marketing issue right now and the NBBQL is looking to fill some of those gaps.

There is some big $$$$ shuffling around our hobby on a weekly basis. The end goal is for it all to make a little more sense for the teams, the organizers, the sponsors and our fans to be involved!

One way to do that is to let people see what it’s like in the trailer. Cooks are the product. BBQ has a marketing issue right now and the NBBQL is looking to fill some of those gaps.
^^ Truth^^
We aren't NBBQL but one of our plans for this year is at big attendance events like Mohegan Sun, DC, Atlantic City and some others we're going to have a camera in the trailer and a large flat screen outside under an EZ up where the public can stop and see what's going on during turn ins. We may event try a running commentary.

Question about the NBBQL. Is there going to be more $$$ tossed into the pot at these contests that have been identified? Not that the contests are not stacked anyways, but putting ~10 of the best teams in the nation guaranteed into each line up brings up the question of "hmmm... if I have another option that weekend...".

Question about the NBBQL. Is there going to be more $$$ tossed into the pot at these contests that have been identified? Not that the contests are not stacked anyways, but putting ~10 of the best teams in the nation guaranteed into each line up brings up the question of "hmmm... if I have another option that weekend...".

No plans for that this year. In the future that will probably change.

These contests were picked because they are historically difficult contests already, have big payouts for the most part, and are already very well attended (among other reasons). If you want to drive away from one looking for an easier target, it’s certainly understandable. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you duck from a challenge!

I think some teams may go somewhere else and other teams will want to compete with and beat some of the best.

I appreciate these videos and what you guys are doing. Keep em coming :)

Thanks for the videos. The brisket king trimming video that just came out is very impressive!

Great Video - a little confused on where the "bacon" is... Does Tim not trim the fat off the bottom of the MM? Is the "bacon" the underneath side of the tubes?

Back