Neck Bones?

K

Kung Fu BBQ

I just picked up my parted out pig today and have 4 packages of neck bones.

What on earth should I do with these?

Red chile stew with neck bones rocks!! I know I'm gonna get chit for saying this, but the easiest way is to boil the neck bones to cook and soften meat, then toss them into some red chile and simmer then with onion, garlic, and potato chunks. Finally, serve over spaghetti pasta. Dang good eats. You could smoke or indirect grill as well, but it takes a while longer.
You can also deep fry them, season them and then just have fun picking the meat off.

like mentioned above, sauerkraut and pork neck bones, (fresh or smoked), is an easy main dish, serve with mash or boil potatoes, and some good rye bread,

Last edited by a moderator:
Simmer em low and slow with a chopped onion, a couple cloves of garlic and some cajun seasoning till the're nice and tender. Make some great northern beans, a pot of turnip greens and a skillet of cornbread and your in heaven.

Red chile stew with neck bones rocks!! I know I'm gonna get chit for saying this, but the easiest way is to boil the neck bones to cook and soften meat, then toss them into some red chile and simmer then with onion, garlic, and potato chunks. Finally, serve over spaghetti pasta. Dang good eats. You could smoke or indirect grill as well, but it takes a while longer.
You can also deep fry them, season them and then just have fun picking the meat off.

I think that deserves time in the penalty box....:eek:

I'd like to try some neck bones with some collard greens....

The Peachtree Restaurant here in KC serves them as a entree. some of the most tender pork on the pig.

No doubt they are good in beans and greens. Neck bones and rice is a classic one dish meal.

I treat them like rib tips and barbecue them.

9ce3086f.jpg

fb7c3fbd.jpg

Smoked neckbones, braised neckbones, neckbones with greens, neckbones with greenbeans, neckbones with pintos, neckbones with bbq sauce, neck bones with sourkraut...............did I mention I like neckbones?

Jeff

Simmer em low and slow with a chopped onion, a couple cloves of garlic and some cajun seasoning till the're nice and tender. Make some great northern beans, a pot of turnip greens and a skillet of cornbread and your in heaven.
YES SIR

Back