Just Tried Adam Perry Lang's Short Ribs...

Thanks for the pics and write up gtr, I live vicariously through the Brethren on things like this, and when I sent you the heads up I was REALLY hoping something like this would be forthcoming.
It's a funny world we live in, Aussies working there telling me about it and me telling you!
Sorry Ray, I haven't been to Torrance and thought you were far away.
I remember Culver City from last visit and knew gtr was close.
The ribs look bloody sensational!
The inside looks done to a tenderness but not to a fall of the bone level, is that right?
Cannot believe he has a pecan charcoal setup!
Talk about dedication!! :hail:

Hey, are you going past a post box on your way there next Tuesday Greg?:tongue::wink::laugh:

Thanks for the pics and write up gtr, I live vicariously through the Brethren on things like this, and when I sent you the heads up I was REALLY hoping something like this would be forthcoming.
It's a funny world we live in, Aussies working there telling me about it and me telling you!
The inside looks done to a tenderness but not to a fall of the bone level, is that right?

Hey, are you going past a post box on your way there next Tuesday Greg?:tongue::wink::laugh:

NP Bucc. GTR is about 20 minuets from my house.

The ribs were perfectly tender and the bark was set just right. Easily the best short ribs I've had - the kind of food that shows you there's a whole world out there that I've only taken a few small steps in. It looks to me like every decision in the process is made with "what will give the best possible result" in mind. Truly inspiring.

I'll probably be passing by a post box - empty handed. :oops: I'm wanting to burn some CD's and my farking burner seems to be out. I'll get it figured out bro.

I know you will...couldn't resist :boink:

:laugh:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Hey guys, I just got back from lunch today. Needless to say, the short ribs were the best I've ever had, and the best beef I've had in a while. APL is just such a cool guy, he wants to help people learn BBQ. I don't have many pics because I couldn't wait to rip that rib apart. I tried the brisket too and the point was the delicious and as tender as I've ever had.

I'd be willing to meet any brethren there on tuesday, so keep me posted please! Here's some pron for you guys. No sauce

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 230
  • photo_1.jpg
    photo_1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 229
^^^I'm thinking Tuesday at 11:30. Hopefully you can meat us there! Let's check in on Monday afternoon. :thumb:

man thats cool!!

he has his own retort for making charcoal on the spot??

man my hero that guy is!!!

thanks for posting!!

• Thanks
Ive been dreading a trip up to Anaheim...not any more. I might push that trip up to Tuesday. As far as the Pecan Retort... The SCAQM would fine you out of existence if you tried that at home.

• Thanks
Thanks for such an amazing post and thread. I'm having the time of my life doing this, creating a true slice of country in an urban Center has been a dream and doing it for 2 months only. I have a kicka$$ team and created that pit custom to my specs with J&R and mounted on a 45' flatbed trailer. The coal generater was manufactured for me at my dear friend Nicole Davenport's ranch in Texas. All the pecan is from Texas as well. I sleep there 3 nights a week and live In An airstream behind the whole thing. We start the coal production each night at 1am. I welcome all of you and hope you do say hello. If I am able and not cutting, I would really like to show you guys around.
Regarding the price, it's a steal. Would be $30+ in a restaurant so please take advantage. Thanks to the awesomeness of the people at CAB, I'm able to charge what I do plus we cook 25% of our load for a different homeless shelter each night.
Cheers everyone and hope to see y'all soon.
APL

Thanks for such an amazing post and thread. I'm having the time of my life doing this, creating a true slice of country in an urban Center has been a dream and doing it for 2 months only. I have a kicka$$ team and created that pit custom to my specs with J&R and mounted on a 45' flatbed trailer. The coal generater was manufactured for me at my dear friend Nicole Davenport's ranch in Texas. All the pecan is from Texas as well. I sleep there 3 nights a week and live In An airstream behind the whole thing. We start the coal production each night at 1am. I welcome all of you and hope you do say hello. If I am able and not cutting, I would really like to show you guys around.
Regarding the price, it's a steal. Would be $30+ in a restaurant so please take advantage. Thanks to the awesomeness of the people at CAB, I'm able to charge what I do plus we cook 25% of our load for a different homeless shelter each night.
Cheers everyone and hope to see y'all soon.
APL

Thanks for posting!
I think you will have a good sized crew on Tuesday.
A personal tour? This just gets better every minute!

Thanks for helping out with the homeless like this.
I'm looking foreword to meeting you!

Ray

• Thanks
Back