WSM Part

I just ordered parts for a 18.5" and a 22.5" WSM from Weber. Water pans, charcoal grates, and top cooking racks. They just sent the parts and didn't ask me anything.

Well, I called Weber last night and they told me I had to have a WSM in order to order the grill straps. I think it might be certain parts they will not allow you to order unless you have a Weber. The grates, water pans and charcoal grates are in stores, but this might be a speciality item. I don't know, all I know is that the lady wouldn't allow me to complete my order.

Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker

• Located on the lid damper. This will have one or two letters.
That's a date code
Yep, and it also serves as Weber's "serial number" when you call to order parts.

Call Weber, tell them you have a WSM you just bought off of Craigs List with serial number "EE". That serial number puts it out of warranty.

Would the 18.5" straps work? Think we still have like a 15 yeare old one that my wife accidentally backed into.

Also be aware that the water bowl tabs will somewhat restrict the size and the ease of getting your charcoal basket in and out of the drum. This will be one reason why I would opt for bolts to hold the grates, and a third, bottom grate just to place the water bowl onto.

Back