I Bought the New Braunfels Smoker, Pron

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is ve
I am not sure which mjodel this is, as there is nothing written on it to tell me, but here I have confidence in the knowledge of the Brethren who I am sure will know!:idea: This unit is 16 inches deep and 35 inches long, heavy as all get out. Stainless Steel shelf on front, wood rack underneath.:eusa_clap

Advertized on CL for $100, I got it for $80, and the wife ain't mad... :mrgreen: Heck of a deal!:-D

It really does appear to have only been used once, just the smallest of drip run off in the bottom of the cooking chamber. Nuff said, here it is!

Attachments

• puppiessmoker 016.jpg
    puppiessmoker 016.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 237
  • puppiessmoker 015.jpg
    puppiessmoker 015.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 237
  • puppiessmoker 014.jpg
    puppiessmoker 014.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 237
  • puppiessmoker 018.jpg
    puppiessmoker 018.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 238
Sweet deal brother, very nice!
Like they said, get after it and give us some Q pron!

First thing I recommend is that you tighten all the bolts. Especially the leg bolts. They loosed over time. The extra play can break off the brackets inside the top of the leg posts. A baffle or tuning plate in the meat chamber right up next to the opening of the where the smoke and heat comes in will help regulate heat and cool off that hot spot where the meat chamber and firebox meet. Some lengths of rebar going front to back in the firebox to lift up the fire grates will help ventilation. Lastly, extending the exhaust downward so that it's level to the meat grates helps as well. I didn't really see any benefit from this mod when I did it to my S&P, but many claim it helps regulate temps as well by creating a convection motion.
Looks like he removed the ad from CL already. It looked black in the CL pics, but it's actually green. I likey a lot!! Great score. That there is a fun little stick burner. You will learn a lot from it.
Congrats.

First thing I recommend is that you tighten all the bolts. Especially the leg bolts. They loosed over time. The extra play can break off the brackets inside the top of the leg posts. A baffle or tuning plate in the meat chamber right up next to the opening of the where the smoke and heat comes in will help regulate heat and cool off that hot spot where the meat chamber and firebox meet. Some lengths of rebar going front to back in the firebox to lift up the fire grates will help ventilation. Lastly, extending the exhaust downward so that it's level to the meat grates helps as well. I didn't really see any benefit from this mod when I did it to my S&P, but many claim it helps regulate temps as well by creating a convection motion.
Looks like he removed the ad from CL already. It looked black in the CL pics, but it's actually green. I likey a lot!! Great score. That there is a fun little stick burner. You will learn a lot from it.
Congrats.
i'd judt get some plates(3 of them) & slant pan a plain pan 45d down @ th fire end & 1 disposable turkey pan w/ water- there's yer cheap mods.a nice pit ya got....

It would probably move around a little easier if you didn't have that 30# dumbell stuck to the firebox.

Nice score!

Green? Wow, that's an oldie but goodie for sure! Like a blast from the past.

Congrats on your score!

I had one very similar,(actually cooked my first brisket on this, looking back I laugh:mrgreen:) I cooked on mine w/out any mods. There is a good size opening between the box and chamber, so it will get much hotter near the firbox(which is great for chicken) I may put a firebrick or two between the box and chamber, or a baffle but thats about it...charcoal basket you can get great burn times...great buy...post us some pron.

It would probably move around a little easier if you didn't have that 30# dumbell stuck to the firebox.

Oh man, that is hilarious because I didn't even notice the dumbell!

Great buy on the smoker. Have fun...

My unpolitically correct mind just thinks there's something beautiful about a "green" smoker...

Back