Hi, my name is Jeanie and I have a problem

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Spring fever.... among other things. :tongue:
I have the strangest dreams sometimes and making tortillas with a drill press was one of them...... I had to try it. :redface:

I wrapped my drill press in plastic... made two plates out of plastic cutting boards. The bottom plate rotates with the top plate to keep the dough from tearing..

032-1.jpg

054-2.jpg

047-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

After a short debate, my friends and I decided we were game to try them. :tongue:

I used some of the brisket I smoked awhile back.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78614

I marinated the brisket in some Andria's steak sauce that Asmont sent. (Thank you Ashmont...it was great!)

122-1.jpg

heated some oil, garlic and onions.. added the smoked brisket...

077-1.jpg

threw in some drill press tortillas...

083-1.jpg

086-1.jpg

096-1.jpg

101-1.jpg

They were the best drill press tortillas I've ever had in my whole life. :)

116-1.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

I love me some machine oil and metal chips in my tortillas, Jeanie. :)

Dang Jeanie,, you never disapoint me with what you come up with,, That sure looks good....

Wow! You never to cease to amaze me/us!

Granted, I'm a little confused on how the drill press method worked if the bottom plate turned with the top plate.... OK, just went back and re-read your post about the tearing part. If that's the case, could you do the same thing with a shop press?

Oh, and I think we're all getting spring fever. I know my grandkids are AND that is unusual (they really love the Snow)...

Papa

there was an oriental place around here that used to shred their cabbage by running over it with the rear tire of their car. they aren't open anymore. :shock:

Just a quick "ray of sunshine" to help with spring fever....there is no snow on the ground at your homestead. BTW..love the outdoor wok method.

I wanna see that on the food network.....Incredible cowgirl :idea::idea::idea:

How does the bottom board turn with the top one that is connected to the drill press chuck? I am looking at this and I'm a little confused. Also in order to do this what speed are you turning at? Very creative idea.

Love your drill press idea, bet my arbor press work work as well.

Thanks for your ingunity Jeanie!

Back