Shack Attack BBQ Sauce Recipe

Doing some ribs for that football game on Sunday. I will try and make some of this tonight and get it ready for the game. Does the type of Paprika make a big difference?

I use Hungarian paprika or McCormicks brand that is sold at a local store.

I made this and let is sit for a few days in the fridge. Last night while making my lunch (chicken breast) I drizzled some of this on there. Wow! I really like the taste of this on the chicken. This is a keeper for sure!!!!

I used Sriracha for hot sauce, pinch of cayenne and used fresh cracked peppercorns--yum!

Made some of this last night. Pretty good but kinda tasted like the hot sauce I used (Red Rooster) and some vinegar. Gave it a taste tonight and it had some xtra flavor it didnt seem to have yesterday. Grabbed some leftover PP I had in the fridge and went through half a small bottle of this stuff. Good stuff. Gonna start playing with it now and throw in some tweaks. Thanks for posting.

I gotta try this. Really excited, just need to get a few of the ingredients.

Just made my second batch tonight, going to be using it again on some ribs I made a couple weeks ago. This stuff is incredible.

I did add brown sugar and Hunt's 100% Natural ketchup to make it stick to the ribs a bit more and sweeten it up for the midwesterners here. Turned out great.

Just made my second batch tonight, going to be using it again on some ribs I made a couple weeks ago. This stuff is incredible.

I did add brown sugar and Hunt's 100% Natural ketchup to make it stick to the ribs a bit more and sweeten it up for the midwesterners here. Turned out great.

Sounds like a tasty addition!

I did a batch of the original and a batch of Cajun blend.Next up is Honey.Very good base to start out and tweak it til it fits what you want.Thanks for the recipe my friend.

I have tweaked it pretty far but the original is still great as well.
Very happy to have learned of this!

It's my night off work and I just whipped up a batch of this stuff about 2 hours ago. Tastes pretty good from the get go, but I'm going to let it sit in the fridge for a couple of days to let the flavors meld. I will use on sunday or monday when I do my first butt in my new 22.5 WSM.

Awesome sauce. I made a batch a few days ago, that I reduced some raspberries and added to it. My wife loved it on some ABT's but looked at me funny when I put it on pizza today and just shook her head and said "No".

Her loss, more for me! :p

I have just made a new batch two days ago, and replaced 1/2 cup of the vinegar and the 1/4 cup of water with apple juice, and used Sriracha as hot sauce. Didn't taste it yet, but the next pulled pork sandwich can't be that far away. :mrgreen:

I made a batch last night. Had Cholula sauce in the cupboard and a bamix at the ready. DANG! It's good... right off the bat.

I will have to make a much hotter batch for my boyfriend. He is a ghost pepper kind of guy.

*Looks in pantry. Realizes he has all the ingredients on hand.

Be right back!

While my chipotle coffee bbq sauce was simmering, I decided to make a second batch of shack attack today. I used franks red hot (a bit more than 1/4 cup as I wanted some more heat) for this batch (sriracha for the first) and about 4oz of leftover blackberries from the jam I made yesterday that I reduced for about 90 minutes.

tqU3W6N.jpg

I finally got off of my lazy backside and made a batch of this last weekend. I followed the original recipe exactly, using Frank's Redhot as the pepper sauce.

The first taste after it was mixed had an overpowering vinegar twang to it, and I thought there was no way this was going to be any good.

It sat in the fridge in a clean Dr. Pepper bottle for a couple of days and I tried it again. What a difference a couple of days make! Much smoother, less 'vinegary'. So far it has been sampled on eggs, Mac-N-Cheese, ring bologna, pork cutlets, and sipped straight from the bottle. I can't wait to play with it a little and try some other styles of pepper sauces.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Thanks for the recipe... I've been looking for something else to drink lately...:thumb:

I continue to love this stuff. Just to add a couple more uses:
Last week,I mixed the Shack Attack with some mayo and made an awesome dipping sauce for vegetables and chicken (kind of like a BBQ version of ranch dressing). It sounds weird, but its tasty.
Tonight, I mixed the Shack Attack with some yellow mustard and made a sauce for pork loin. It was great, kind of similar to a mustard-based BBQ sauce.
This has quickly become a staple in our pantry- it's great on just about everything.

Back