Super Sized Rotisserie

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
Chickenrotis1.jpg

With all our rotisserie talk this weekend, I had to post these pictures I got from a guy in Milwaukee. I believe there are 100 birds on here. This is quite a machine and I wouldn't mind having a small version, maybe with two spits. I did ask for some more details and photos of the drive system. I believe cooking time was two hours.

Hey JD, are there enough bearings used on this build?? :mrgreen:

chickenrotis3.jpg

That is SWEET!!

Hey JD, are there enough bearings used on this build??

Holy Carp...how are we gonna mod that to fit in your drum? :twisted: That's just nuts...kibnda looks photoshopped...the area and setting just don't look right...:confused:

That is a sweet piece of Qing equipment.

Not sure about the dumpster so close, but the operation is great.

The dumpsters just squeezed my belly. Musta been the wind breaks. Can't imagine the scenic aroma. There's nuttin' wrong with pillow block bearings!!!

Hey JD, are there enough bearings used on this build??

Holy Carp...how are we gonna mod that to fit in your drum? :twisted: That's just nuts...kibnda looks photoshopped...the area and setting just don't look right...:confused:

No photoshopping there, I know the guy that took the pictures. This was taken at a fab shop and I guess the dumpsters were moved in to block wind. The perception of distance is off a little..... look close and you can see the whole thing is sitting on a sheet of steel, and they come in 8' and 10' widths. My buddy borrowed the rotisserie to do a cook at his place, I think they used cinder blocks as sides to hold the coals.

I'd hate to be the person in charge of trussing and shoving the rods in them chicken arses! Must be into BDSM!

if they spaced the tubes a little closer, they could make fattys as big around as basketballs and as long as pool sticks and cook them convenience store roller dog style! :biggrin:

They chickens or turkeys? Those rods look pretty big to be in a chicken....

what are the lever looking things that have bars across them as if they hold the spit when its disconnected.

I saw a lot of maybe 30 pillow bearings the other day on craiglst. wish i had bought them now

what are the lever looking things that have bars across them as if they hold the spit when its disconnected.

I saw a lot of maybe 30 pillow bearings the other day on craiglst. wish i had bought them now

I'm not sure.....maybe to rest the spit on when you disconnect it?? I've asked for some detailed pictures. I was thinking for portability, it would be nice to have an 8' long steel charcoal tray (so it would fit in the pickup) and a set-up with 2 or 3 spits.

No photoshopping there, I know the guy that took the pictures. This was taken at a fab shop and I guess the dumpsters were moved in to block wind. The perception of distance is off a little..... look close and you can see the whole thing is sitting on a sheet of steel, and they come in 8' and 10' widths. My buddy borrowed the rotisserie to do a cook at his place, I think they used cinder blocks as sides to hold the coals.

Unfarkinbelieveable! :lol::lol::lol:

Back