Source for Granulated Garlic?

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I've been using Garlic Powder all along and have heard Granulated is better.

For the powder, I've been paying $1 for a large spice jar (3 times the size of the McCormick spice jars) at ALDI.

I'd like a source for Granulated Garlic that is about the same cost per ounce as Garlic Powder, if possible.

Anyone know of one? I can buy it in bulk--a big bag--if needed, that's fine.

Thanks!

Sam's Club. Wal-Mart maybe, but I never look for it there since I always buy from Sam's.

Any wholesale supply or club will carry the large containers.

Restaurant Depot, Sam's Club, Costco, BJ's, or Internet Sources like American Spices..

Yeah, Sam's Club or Costco. Or check your grocery store. I found some in the Mexican spice section.

I would agree with this one. Definitely won't be as cheap as powder, but it's much more potent, so you can use less than you normally do with the same flavor.

The minced is even more potent, but it's bigger pieces - really good in sauces/marinades, though.

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysgarlic.html

Definitely buy in the bags rather than the jars, you get a pretty big price break that way, and it comes in a resealable pouch that still keeps it fresh.

I get mine at Walfarts Product name Adams Spices IIRC the Industrial size is container is under 9.00

Many times the stuff marketed as garlic powder actually is granulated. Real onion or garlic powder will be very fine textured like flour. If its coarser than that, you are most likely already using granulated. Freshness is another issue howeve, and anything you get from a reputable online spice dealer will most likely be pretty fresh. Also places like Sam's and Restaurant Depot will probably be fresh as well due to the volume that they move.

As far as granulated being better, that's true. The difference between the two is that granulated will be pretty much 100% garlic or onion, while the powder is usually made from husks and root ends as well. Granulated is just a purer product.

Our Sams has granulated garlic in 7.25 pound containers for 24.98 ( or .215 per ounce ) Or you can get a 26oz shaker for 4.23 ( or .163 per ounce ) Both are Tones brand. I never go to Sams without my calculator, becuase bigger isnt always a better deal.

Here in Charlotte they have a place called the Chef's Store, I picked up a 7.25 LB. container for $20.00, I don't know if they're in your area or not but it's woth checking on.

Our Sams has granulated garlic in 7.25 pound containers for 24.98 ( or .215 per ounce ) Or you can get a 26oz shaker for 4.23 ( or .163 per ounce ) Both are Tones brand. I never go to Sams without my calculator, becuase bigger isnt always a better deal.

True that, I always calculate out cost per ounce as well.

Back