THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bmanMA

is one Smokin' Farker
Driving me freakin' nuts trying to find a replacement for the bottom grate for my 18.5 WSM online. Any idears?

Driving me freakin' nuts trying to find a replacement for the bottom grate for my 18.5 WSM online. Any idears?

It is my understanding that the bottom cooking grate for the 18 1/2"WSM is a different size, it is slightly smaller than the top grate, and needs to be ordered directly from Weber...3 years ago that's what I had to do, maybe, things have changed.

I just use a hinged cooking grate from the 18.5" kettle for both levels in my WSM. It will sit a little higher above the water pan as it rests on the legs bolts.:thumb:

Sorry Matt, but you reminded me of the pirate joke: "Argh, it's driving me nuts."

Anyhoo, I got mine from Weber directly. Their customer service folks are very helpful and sent parts out quickly.

Back