Insurance claim help - looking for trailer pits for sale

Prairie Smoke

Knows what a fatty is.
I'm meeting with an arbitrator and my insurance company tomorrow to determine the cash value of my stolen BBQ Pit. (Details here)

The problem is, I'm in Central Canada and there is literally nothing around here to compare it to. I'm looking for current posted pits for sale to use for reference. It doesn't matter where they are. If you are aware of any, and can post a link for me, please do so in the thread or send me a PM.

It's a standard offset pit, cooking chamber is 5' x 30" diameter with a 24" x 24" firebox. it's all 1/4" plate construction. It's mounted on a single axle trailer with an enclosed storage box on the back (24" x 24" x 4'). The main chamber has 2 sliding shelves.

I don't need the identical pit, just ones I can compare it to and determine what it's worth.

Thanks!

What about the Lang, Klose or spicewine websites? Also send Brian (Smokin Turkey) a message. He's built units and can probably give you a quote for a replica of yours.

Run a google search for Lang 60's and 84's for sale. You're pretty much right there
with the two of them... I bought a older Lang 60 with a warmer (about the same
as a storage box), single axle, 24x24 firebox, offset, heavy duty steel. Mind you, this
one is 10 years old, but in good shape. I paid $1,650 for it. That didn't include any
shipping, etc. I had to drive about 300 miles (round trip) to pick it up. It was a
STEAL.

I would contact the Klose factory as well as Lang and others, see what replacement costs are...........your probably going to be hit with severe sticker shock due to steel prices increasing.

Have them email their costs, print them off, keep a copy for your own records.

Good Luck!

Send me a pic I'll tell you roughly what it would cost to build it yourself. I have built several in the past two years and my cost in materials has been around $3000 for each one, add my labor at minimum wage and they would be $10,000. I don't see how some pit makers sell them so cheap.

Back