Pit Boss Pizza Oven deal

I didn't know that Pit Boss made one. I like the looks of it.

while known for their pellets cookers pit boss has economy versions of most outdoor cooker styles. I've seen gas, electric, kamado and hybrid styles as well as charcoal bbqs.

No stores Texas. [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Welp,

I put one in the car but they don't ship to CA due to prop 65 :laugh: At that price I'd be happy to use it even a few times but oh well. Got enough toys.

That’s a tempting deal I have been shopping ovens for a while! Anyone ever used one? I can’t seem to find any reviews at all on this.

Not trying to be difficult, but I don't really get it?

What's the use case? I don't see it being a great pizza oven - you're not going to be banging out fast, thin crust pizzas at 700 degrees in 90 seconds with all that head space. I like that it's wide, so you can get a big pizza in it though.

I agree it might be hard to get a really high temp circulating, but I can’t really find any information on it or reviews. Eventually I will build a proper oven but for now this might be a better solution than the conventional oven. I don’t see why you couldn’t build a big fire in it and let it blaze. Might break the stone ??

I was actually considering it for a small smoker . . .a couple racks of ribs or a couple butts without having to fire up the big boy

I don't need another cooker I don't need another cooker I don't need another cooker I don't need another cooker

I agree it might be hard to get a really high temp circulating, but I can’t really find any information on it or reviews. Eventually I will build a proper oven but for now this might be a better solution than the conventional oven. I don’t see why you couldn’t build a big fire in it and let it blaze. Might break the stone ??

We tried EVERYTHING we could do to get a fast, hot pizza out of every oven, grill, or other cooker we could think of. We tried pizza stones, steels, whatever. The only way you get a good, fast pizza is some method that has just about as much heat on the top as the bottom.

All we ever saw were scorched bottoms and raw tops - until we tried the Uuni which has very limited headspace and flames over the top.

Everyone's mileage can and does vary, I just can't imagine getting a fast pizza done in there, and if you're cooking it at 450 just put it in the oven I guess.

Sounds like a few will be falling into Brethren's hands. And that's a good thing.

Looking forward to seeing what they will do.

450-700 degrees max? It’s charcoal based so I’m sure you can just build a bigger fire to get it to 933 degrees? I almost bought it but I stopped at the card info page. Wimp.

Last edited:
My luck is it cooks like a champ - gets rave reviews from the Brethren. Where upon the price goes back up - or it get sold out.

That's the way it goes sometimes.

Mine was sitting on the porch when I got home tonight. I'll put it together tomorrow.

Back