Wedding for 100 this weekend, numbers help

indianagriller

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Cooking for a wedding this weekend, have sides figured up, but meat is a question... They want 2 meats brisket and pulled pork, I was estimating at 30 lbs of each...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Cooking for a wedding this weekend, have sides figured up, but meat is a question... They want 2 meats brisket and pulled pork, I was estimating at 30 lbs of each...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Is that cooked or raw? What size portion are you using for your estimate. At a 5 oz serving you would get about 96 servings from 30# cooked. How is this going to be served?

For buffet, that may not be quite enough. Can you serve the first pass and then go self serve? That way everyone gets a shot at both meats ahead of Bubba the human WM truck!
Otherwise, I'd bump it up about 5-8# per meat.

You will be good with 30lbs of each but I would add 2-4lbs of pork and drop that much in brisket for my area. More like 34lbs pork and 26lbs brisket but I am sure other areas are different.

originally it was one meat 3 sides, then after they had some of my brisket left over from a competition practice cook they changed it to pork,brisket and 2 sides Originally i had figured one meat but when they switched to two it confused me just because some people wont eat pork, or will eat more beef so wasnt sure how to break it down into two meats.... we normally only do vending and have certain events we do... we dont do much on the way of catering as my "real job" takes up a lot of time and is not very flexible... not getting paid at all for it, actually going into the hole as a wedding gift.

Back