What do you want in a cutting board

I can make these any size. What size is best for you guys? Any other additions?

Thanks for the feedback. It is my intention to make these available through Greenleaf BBQ.

18 x 24 for me so I can get a whole export rib or a large brisket all the way on the board. Make the cutting surface higher than the sides of the trough so I don't drag my knuckles or my knife blade across the trough sides and I get a clean cut without having to angle the knife.

Marty, that is beautiful! I would love to have a cutting board like that as long as it's plenty thick (one inch or so). PM me with details if you'd like.

Wow that is a mighty fine router you have there and I love the cutting board too. Is it possible to inlay a team logo?

Slow down everyone, folks are using lunch tray's....Is that made of the same stuff as a cutting board? What thorw aways are people using? this may make my life easier!

Marty...I would love a nice wooden board that I could fit my disposable cutting board into. They have fold up edges to prevent leaks, so just something sturdy, that won't move around and has nice firm edges would be good.

I will give you one of my disposable cutting boards if you let me buy the prototype off of you for cheap! :becky:

Marty...I would love a nice wooden board that I could fit my disposable cutting board into. They have fold up edges to prevent leaks, so just something sturdy, that won't move around and has nice firm edges would be good.

I will give you one of my disposable cutting boards if you let me buy the prototype off of you for cheap! :becky:

You got a deal! Get me what you use for a disposable and we can talk about what you want. I will make you one for my cost. PM me.

Big. like half-sheet pan fits on it with room to spare big. That's what I like in my cutting board(s).

Hey Marty, do you have a plastic board that will hold a cup or two of liquid without issue? I could use this in many places! Turkeys at thanksgiving as well as comp times with all the au jus running around. I do like th eidea of a board that would swallow a disposable board, with an area that accepts all the liquid I pour at it. Scott

I got the chance to actually use one of Marty's wood boards, these are items you all want for home cooking and entertaining, they are beautiful boards.

Additionally have you thought about lines across the board about pencil thick that you can use to cut your briskets? Also a device, made out of platic cuttng board material with a small handle that you can use to hold your brisket down and cut along it's edge for that perfect cut. Kind of like a three sided ruler?

yea same here. i get the larger size from rest depot i have a few wood laminate cutting board that fit nicely in the tray so the juice runs off but is still held in the tray.

I like the laminate idea. Without it, doesn't the plastic try kind of muck up your blade edge? Or is it soft enough not to?

Back