BBQ Brethren "Shish-Kebab" Throwdown

It's all looking good. I got these going for tomorrow I couldn’t make up my mind on what kind I wanted to do on this one, but I’ve always thought that variety is the spice of life so I’m doing kebabs three ways. BTW the Hennessy in the back ground acted as an inspirational consultant.
Trio-kabob001.jpg

Wow, my kids gave me a new 20" flat panel monitor for my birthday. Just hooked it up and these pics have everything but smell! Ron and Ricks kabobs are awesome.

I marinaded these beef kabobs in teriyaki sauce and then sprinkled sesame seeds on them before grilling. I served them with fried rice, fried pineapple, and a teppanyaki mustard dipping sauce.

1.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

I got these going for tomorrow I couldn’t make up my mind on what kind I wanted to do on this one, but I’ve always thought that variety is the spice of life so I’m doing kebabs three ways. BTW the Hennessy in the back ground acted as an inspirational consultant.
Trio-kabob001.jpg
Trio-kabob006.jpg

Prepped starting from the left going clockwise, Afghani(wine,ginger,cumin,bay leaf, s & p..Turkish(corriander,cumin,lemon juice, garlic s&p).. Veggy.. and Greek( oregano,garlic,lemon,s&p,)evoo on all. and all basted with garlic,mint evoo.

Trio-kabob011.jpg

R toL, one veggy and three kabobs Greek,Afghan, and Turkish on top of roasted pine nut cous cous. Lettuce cup filled with(Raita) cuc,tomato,onion,lemon,and yogurt. Two sauces, Corriander(green) and a mint yogurt. With pocket bread. Gave this plate to the neighbors I'm eating off a paper plate.:p
Trio-kabob015.jpg

You can see the cous cous better, this shot. I guess I'll use this one.
Note; got feedback from the neighbor, he asked if he could leave a testimonial, I told him thanks but he wasn't allowed unless he was a member.:-D:laugh:

Just found out that I can enter with a pic from last Friday.:doh:
No plated pics cause these were eaten right off the grill.

IMG_0013-11.jpg

IMG_0015-6.jpg

:doh: I can't believe I missed suggesting that to you!

Grill shots are nice to have in the Throwdowns I think.:cool:

I can feel that zero coming...:cool:
Tell ya what. I'm not gonna vote for ya. It's not because I like or don't like you or anything, I just think I like someone else's kabobs better this time around. We can still be friends though.:becky:

I (Gore) am submitting shish-kebabs from the recipe my mum used to make when I was just a wee little orphan. Master has made modifications, but all of us still use some variation. I like to use sirloin or flap steak (used here) because it takes this marinade very nicely. Marinade is (all measurements approximate)
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 T mustard powder
1 t pepper
~10 cloves garlic (mushed)
1 huge chunk ginger grated
1/4-1/2 cup olive oil (optional)

IMG_5026.jpg

This is usually best when it is marinaded overnight. Generally, I prefer to grill the vegetables separately. Here is a serving for one of the hungrier orphans:

IMG_5047-1.jpg

MODS, please close this thread.

Usually, when there is no suggestions as to what picture I should use, I look at the last picture they post in the thread and use it unless a picture above it really stands out.

This time this method bit my ass. I picked the last pic in Alan In Ga's post, which shows the meat uncooked. This has probably affected the results.

I will post a new VOTE thread shortly.

Actually, I meant close the VOTE thread...my bad! :lol:

Back