$1 cherry pork chops !

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

let's see what gasket-less tattoo can do with $3 of pork chops with a little cherry chips and dizzy pig red eye express. :biggrin:

minicherrychops-001.jpg

minicherrychops-005.jpg

then add some cherry preserves cut with honey and a fruit juice box :biggrin:

minicherrychops-006.jpg

minicherrychops-010.jpg

minicherrychops-018.jpg

i'm not ashamed to say i ate all three of those chops!! :biggrin:

I see why you are not ashamed those chops look good !!!!!!!

You're just making up for devouring that $30 steak last week! :)

Nothing wrong with a good chop! I did similar to this yesterday but hit it with some Yardbird! I DID skip the juice box though! LOL

:eusa_clap Pork chop cherry pie, I'll be darn, something new every day:-D:!:

You're just making up for devouring that $30 steak last week! :)

Nothing wrong with a good chop! I did similar to this yesterday but hit it with some Yardbird! I DID skip the juice box though! LOL

you can see the juice box in third pic... and the straw! :biggrin:

it was too thick so i thought :idea: ... fruit juice!
there's also a little salt & pepper in that glaze.

i reckon you are really supposed to cook down the glaze first, but i just mixed it up and let it cook down on top of the chops. k.i.s.s.

Man, that looks great. Was not expecting the cherry topping.

again rick you amaze me with your pics and yes they do look very good. would like to try this very soon
thx
ron :p:p

Great pics. It's 8:30am and I'm starving now. I just finished breakfast. Man. Maybe the boss man will let me "work" from home today?

Rick, those look great, I did chops with cherry sauce night before, store had Rainer cherries BOGO, so I made my own, really good. I noticed your back to the "spensive" utensils! Too bad you couldn't get Amy to sign on as Bottle Wash!

Rick, you are going to have people ripping the gaskets off their Eggs soon, trying to get your "edge." :p I'm a chop guy, and those are nice looking chops there!

Cherry goes with pork very well. if you can find cherry jelly make a great ham glaze

thanks everybody! it's amazing to me how the simplest things get so many views. 8)

Rick, you are going to have people ripping the gaskets off their Eggs soon, trying to get your "edge." :p I'm a chop guy, and those are nice looking chops there!

don't go doing that! hahaha!

my gasket on the mini melted & glued together on a high temp, long cleaning burn. i took off the gasket and continue to cook on the mini just to show it can be done. the larger eggs will react differently and the band adjustment will allow a tighter seal over the mini. the mini hinge is creating the gap in the back and there is no adjustment without drilling new holes in the metal. note i am not smoking low and slow. but searing steaks and burgers and chops on the gasket-less mini. i haven't tried a 250 low and slow on the gasket-less mini (or even with the gasket) because i have 4 other eggs that do low&slow much better.

so to answer a pm i received:
I thought it was the "seal" that made the egg so good, especially at retaining moisture. yes, yes it does.

Yet, the stuff you do on the gasketless tattoo looks really moist, especially the cheap pork chops. (I would expect a $17 steak to look good:grin:). see above and look at what i've been cooking on the mini since the gasket has been off. dump a glaze on at the end and anything will look moist, eh?

So, is the gasket critical or not?? Does it function more in long cooks in helping to maintain the temp ? see above. yes, but it depends on what you are trying to do and what size egg you have.

Sort of regard you as the expert on eggs considering the size of your family:wink: it's mostly common sense. it really doesn't matter how many cookers a person has.

dude, just get an egg if that is what you are going to do and use it. you do not have to know every single detail about everything before you get it home and torch it up. just do it. i hear primos are nice, too.............

sorry for my apparently dumb questions. If you had one egg and four other cookers, I would not feel the same.

I just did not understand the great results so thought I would ask:confused:

Back