Transporting Pulled Pork

kevinc

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
When making pulled pork, my normal procedure after I take my butts off is to double wrap them in foil and then a beach towel and stick them in a cooler until its time to serve them. They're then pulled on site before eating.

Tonight, I'd like to bring the pork to an outdoor concert where we don't have tables or chairs (lawn seating).

I'd rather not go through the hassle of pulling them on site so I'm debating pulling them before I leave.

What is the best way to store and transport the meat so that it remains hot and moist?

Pull them early at home, pour in some apple juice or whatever to add moisture. Foil the pan up really tight and then put it in the oven and get the whole thing up to 200F. Then just before you leave pull the pan and wrap it tight and put it in it's own cooler. Basically the same as cambro'ing cooked meat. It should stay too hot to touch for hours.

Make sure to preheat your cooler with boiling water- it ales Abigail difference

Make sure to preheat your cooler with boiling water- it ales Abigail difference

Either put the bottle down or have Siri pay better attention to you.

Did you mean, "It makes all the difference?" :grin:

Never Pull your Pork in the Park Boyo :cop::cop: GO home and do it.:icon_smile_tongue: Transport it in a preheated Cooler.

Thanks guys. I'll pour a pot of boiling water in the cooler and close it until I'm ready to put the meat in

Back