1st guru cook

Hozman

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Breaking in the GURU at the fire station today doing a rib roast and some rib pieces that I saved from doing St Louis cuts last week.

Hoping the temp probe for fan is right. Have it running at 250* but my maverick says 202*

Will certainly do an ice water test after this cook on all probes. Maverick probe is new too.

Will post pics later:thumb:

Try clipping the pit probe to a chunk of wood sitting on the grate. It seems like clipping directly to the grate returns hotter temp readings.

I had the same issue with my new iQue 110 last weekend. I had it set to 300 for seasoning, but it didn't stop blowing until my Maverick reached 340. It seemed to equalize after a while, and when I did my maiden cook the next day at 235, it seemed to hold pretty well. I am going to run it a few more times before I conclude there is a problem.

I am a firefighter as well, you may wanna be sure none of your co workers are messing with your probes. Stranger things have happened.

I am a firefighter as well, you may wanna be sure none of your co workers are messing with your probes. Stranger things have happened.

They know better than to mess with my smoker and gear or they don't eat.

They know better than to mess with my smoker and gear or they don't eat.

My Dept. is Vol. I cook at home and then bring it to the station! :loco: Then again I only live 3 minutes from the firehouse!

What you think a "brother" would mess with one of his fellow firefighter, lol. Never seen that happen before!

Back