• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Recieved! mrwicks free rub!!

nolaman

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just received my package of rub and I'm going to try it on some ribs tonight and on my 1st. chucky tomorrow if the weather holds out. Tasted some on my finger and counted 6 or more flavors dancing on my tongue and this is going to be good and we look forward to our dinner tonight! I'll give our opinon after we have tried both on Sunday!:lol:

Again thanks,
Alan:biggrin:

I just received mine too.

High marks on fast shipping... thats for sure!

Will give full report after Sunday's pork butt.

Thanks mrwicks

Got mine also. What do you suggest putting it on, Chicken, Butts, Brisket, or all above?

Thanks guys....hope the rub itself compares to the shipping !!!

Man, you overnighted it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The effective cost per oz is probably something similar to cocaine!

If its as good as cocaine, you've got a winner for sure:mrgreen:.

My first impressions from a finger lick:

Nice uniform grain size other than the salt. I think its salt. I haven't isolated and tried the big crystal, but since I don't think its sugar... i'm sure its a sea salt.

It has a powerful but not overwhelming cumin smell (I'm probably more sensitive to this smell than most people). Not being a big fan of cumin, I was pleasantly surprised at the mild, earthy cumin flavors the rub had. Nothing overwhelming. What ever brand of cumin you used... its the first one i've ever liked.

The flavors are uniform in intensity and well balanced. The earthyness of the cumin and paprika are the most notable. Not very sweet or peppery, and very mild on the heat.

I'm going to rub up a butt this weekend and take pictures for you. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Its nice to compare another rub with my own. Mine seems overly sweet and b peppery compared to yours. Yours is more balanced and earthy. Going to do a side by side comparison and invite the neighbors. We'll see what we get. I'm rootin for you ("mine" is off of a website, i'm not attached to it as if it were actually MINE :wink:).

THanks again mrwicks:grin:

I also got mine today,, very fast delivery,, also did the Finger test, Ditto to what 82 said about taste and smell. I will give her a whirl this weekend on a loin roast and let ya know what I think,, Thanks for giving me the opportunity to try it out for ya...

Recieved mine too. Look forward to using it, just haven't decided on what yet. From the earthiness it has, I was thinking whole smoked/roasted yardbird, or a nice big chucky:-D Man I can't wait. Thanks again for the opportunity to be a Guinea Pig:shock:

Got mine too. I have chuckies just itchen for a rub down tomorrow! They will be smokin on sunday. Finger test and smell were a hit. Will give report sunday night.

Got mine today as well. My wife was home when it arrived and said that it warm? The envelope was cold but the rub was warm? It wasn't glowing which was good.

I also did the finger test and liked the flavors. Looking forward to trying it Sunday on some chicken.

I got mine today and it was delivered by armored courier...

got mine today also- will try in on a boneless pork loin tomorrow- thanks for the sample

Believe it or not,
my sample arrived today too!
Imagine that!
Smells good, tastes good.
Plan on cooking 3 racks of spares and some chicken thighs tomorrow.
You bet I'll give it a whirl.
Thank you.

Mr. Brown was busy today...............;}-

Got my rub today also;hadn't woke up good and opened the bag ,took a snort and WOW, cleaned my sinuses good. Just a bit hard getting it all outa my nose,kinda clumps.:cool:
Gonna do some ribs and fatties this weekend.Gonna be a good feed:!::!::!:

Thanks,and good goin' on the blend:mrgreen:

got mine today also - might wait to see what it works best on (chix, pork, beef) b-4 I use.

Thanks for the rub and the super fast shipment - will report asap

Just walked in from work and there it was. I'll have to wait to try it.
Dude you could have sent it regular mail and we would have been happy.

Thanks

Mike

:-D :-D :-D

Guess who else got theirs today! I've got g-kids' soccer games Saturday & Sunday, so I'll most likely fire up the drum Monday. What do you guys think it would go best on?
Thanx for the free sample & the fast shipping is kick a$$ :biggrin:.

Back