How To EASILY Build A 1/2 Gallon Injector Pump For Under $25 Step By Step Pics

food grade until.

Everything you used your build could be labeled as food grade. The lines couplers and fittings you find under a kitchen sink. The sprayer, first use only is too. Go with the airhose stuff and it's not anymore because of lubes used.

Everything you used your build could be labeled as food grade. The lines couplers and fittings you find under a kitchen sink. The sprayer, first use only is too. Go with the airhose stuff and it's not anymore because of lubes used.

Yeah if I used the air nozzle I would definitely flush it really well and re lube with food grade.

Not sure what you mean by "first use only" concerning the sprayer. Are you saying that it can't be considered food grade after it has been used?

I wonder if the acidity or salt will have an adverse reaction to the rubber seals designed for use with plain water as well as the lining of the shrouded tubes.

I built a small brewery years ago and used the same shrouded tubes described. After a while I started noticing off-flavors in the beer only to discover it went away when I re-plumbed them with flexible copper pipe.

I wonder if the acidity or salt will have an adverse reaction to the rubber seals designed for use with plain water as well as the lining of the shrouded tubes.

I built a small brewery years ago and used the same shrouded tubes described. After a while I started noticing off-flavors in the beer only to discover it went away when I re-plumbed them with flexible copper pipe.

It probably would have an affect long term, but hopefully washing and running clean hot water through it after every use will maximize its life span.

Thank you for posting this! I'm not immediately in need of this kind of volume, but I'd definitely like to try something like this before too long. Your post has plenty of pics and info to make it look like something I could put together successfully!

I'm thinking you could find the correct Pex fittings and Pex line to make it "food safe".
You would have to find a freind with a crimper is all.
Ed

Bookmarked this a while back and just built it last night. Took an hour including the trip to Home Depot. Easy build thanks to this step by step post and now I am ready for my 100 lb hog this weekend.

How has it held up? Any "off taste" noticed? I know the potential was mentioned above.

I also want to thank you for the tutorial. Some of the parts really can be done by our self, the only thing we need is just a good, detailed tutorial. That way, keeping the pump, consequently and the house clean, will be easier.

Thanks for the advice!

Back