From Tears to Happy Dance

Mrfish

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I went to smoke a brisket this weekend on the Treager and after two hours I went to check on it. Temp was 380 even though the temp setting was on 250. Controller was going wacko. Took the Brisket out and put it in a Nosco Roaster for the rest of the day to cook while I figure out what was going on.

I had the old three setting contoller laying around somewhere. Found it after some serious digging. Hooked it up. Sheeet, I hooked up something wrong auger motor starts smoking, and not the good kind! :mad:

I don't get angry often, but I just had to kick the garbage can like a spoiled teenager grumbling under my breath with not so nice words. The wife felt sorry for me and gave me space to cool down.

Brisket turned out okay considering. Actually pretty good. Got enough smoke and the crispy outside was just fine. Everyone enjoyed it.

After pouting for three days, the wife gave me a kiss on the cheek and said. "Order that Jambo you have been talking about for the last year." God, I love her!:clap2:

Called Jamie and he just happened to have one on the floor and I should have next week. Sometimes disaster's bring good things. Now I have a new toy to try to figure out and lots of experimenting.

Holy freakin' Cow! Congrats! She is a keeper, bro!

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Yeah, pretty cool. I'll post some pics when she comes to the driveway. I just hope they are not me humping the smoker like a dog.

Sad thing is part of the deal she wants me to sell the Treager after I rebuild her again. We go a long way back and after two rebuilds (One due to internal fire) we have become emotionaly attached. I am going to have to come up with a good tap dance to convince the lady to keep her.

Sometimes I over think things. Maybe I should just tell her I am going to keep it... nawwww, that aint no fun. It is more fun to make her think it was her idea. She does it to me all the time!

Oh happy day! Good for you. Keep that Traeger as a back up cooker. Can't be too careful you know....

Cool story. I was thinking you should tell your wife that your car engine keeps making funny noises....maybe you can get a new truck out of it. :razz:

I am hoping so! Beer and Vodka, not necessarily that order. I like to mix it up.

Congrats on the new pit. If you add lemonade to the beer and vodka, you get the best of both worlds.

Congrats on getting the new cooker and having a great wife - looking forward to seeing pix of that Jambo!

Simmilar story I have been fiending for a Party Gator for a few years. Last week we sat down to talk about planning in laws 50th...she said since we have a little saved go ahead and order what you want. Yay! It will take a few months for the build but no big deal!

Back