• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Las Colinas tx bbq Recommendations

kreynolds

Reaction score
I am new to the BBQ scene, don't even own a smoker yet. Live in Southeast VA, grew up in eastern NC.

I am traveling to Las Colinas TX tomorrow and will be there all week. Looking to experience some Texas BBQ and looking for recommendations.

Thanks
Kurt

Don't know of anything in Las Colinas, but it next to several towns around Dallas. In Grapevine, Bartleys is pretty good. Hard Eight in Coppell is pretty dang good. In Dallas proper there are a bunch. Maybe some Dallas folks will chime in. I like Lockharts.

Pecan Lodge.

Pecan Lodge.

This. Make the drive. It's worth it. Pro-tip: once inside the door, don't wait in the line, go to the bar for faster service.

Not to disagree with Okie, but I only went to Lockhart once. Was a terrible experience and I've never been back.

This. Make the drive. It's worth it. Pro-tip: once inside the door, don't wait in the line, go to the bar for faster service.

Not to disagree with Okie, but I only went to Lockhart once. Was a terrible experience and I've never been back.

I had a bad experience at Pecan Lodge. I also thought it was overrated, but we all have our different expectations. There is no right or wrong in BBQ, just preferences.

Make the drive to Fort Worth; Just south of downtown, south of I-30 on the corner of South Henderson and West Magnolia => HEIM BARBECUE.

Get an order of bacon burnt ends, some brisket and a rib or two. You won't regret it; it's well worth the drive.

I had a bad experience at Pecan Lodge. I also thought it was overrated, but we all have our different expectations. There is no right or wrong in BBQ, just preferences.

I definitely have some preferences and can appreciate what is right in BBQ even when I don't care for it. However to say there is "no wrong in BBQ," I can only conclude that you have been extremely lucky. I'd offer to take you on a little road trip to introduce you to some wrong in BBQ, but I don't think I can stomach it. There are a few restaurants out my way that slice their brisket paper-thin for starters. Even then it is tough and chewy. :twitch:

I definitely have some preferences and can appreciate what is right in BBQ even when I don't care for it. However to say there is "no wrong in BBQ," I can only conclude that you have been extremely lucky. I'd offer to take you on a little road trip to introduce you to some wrong in BBQ, but I don't think I can stomach it. There are a few restaurants out my way that slice their brisket paper-thin for starters. Even then it is tough and chewy. :twitch:

Don't go twisting my words, you old reprobate. We're not talking about chit BBQ here. There is plenty of that out there. I don't know how some places keep their doors open.

Don't go twisting my words, you old reprobate. We're not talking about chit BBQ here. There is plenty of that out there. I don't know how some places keep their doors open.

Ok, I guess "chit" is the new "wrong". Got it! Thanks! :thumb: I just can't keep up with the times. :becky:

Incidentally, I was in Dallas a few years back and went to Sonny Bryans. I would've described what I had there as "chit" BBQ. :laugh:

Since then, I just went to Rudy's. The Rudy's in Dallas weren't as good as the other ones I've been to. Next time I will head out to Pecan Lodge and Lockhart. I did think Lockhart was a bit of a drive until I realized you probably weren't talking about the town. :crazy:

Back