Modified Stainless Bandera Pic

L

ltleftylt

c:\stainless bandera rebuild.jpg

Here is a quick pic of the remade Bandera. She looks a little different now. Still to come is a front table with utensil holder, fire basket, another plate to place under the cover which will take the high ceiling out of the cover but still allow access to the fire, rotissorie unit in the cover.

Finished the seasoning last night. Impressed with the how well it held heat. The stainless can be nasty when it gets hot. Was turning the unit into the wind and touched my fore arm on one of the corners. Youuch!!!! Nice burn blister. Needless to say, the first meat cooked was my own.

I have a turkey that I will be making tonight after I get off work. Starting at 8 in the evening. Give me a chance to see how well the bird will taste once cooled down and reheated another day.

Hope you enjoy the pic, catch you later.

Attachments

• Stainless Bandera Rebuild.jpg
    Stainless Bandera Rebuild.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 260
Looks great! Can we get a pic of the insides?

Ill have to go take some more. As long as you dont laugh at my hastly made tin foil baffle. I will get a stainless one made when I get the fire grates done.

Wow can't wait to see the pics of the inside.

Vert Inside

C:\ VERT INSIDES.JPG

Not sure if the pic will show, but here is a quick shot of the Vert insides. Pretty much the same as the original. You will notice that the vert has been extended, and there is a larger void below the water pan. Was a little miss communication with the fabricator. But, started looking at this and I have some ideas how this could be for the better. More to come on that in the future.

Attachments

• Vert Insides.jpg
    Vert Insides.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 250
A little different? You could sell that puppy.

jgh1204 said:
A little different? You could sell that puppy.

You got that right. I think I might bid on it myself.

Great looking cooker you got there ltleftylt.

Thats nice!!!!!

It'll be a snap to clean. I like it dude.

For whatever the reason, the first pic at the top of each of your posts doesnt show for me. I may have my pop-up blocker set a little tight. What is it?

I dont know what the problem is with the pics at the top. Same as the ones below it. I tried to insert the image and it gave me an X. I then uploaded it as attachment and it worked. Sorry about that. New to forums. What you think that grill is worth????

Depending on fit and finish, I would say $700 to $1200.

That makes me feel good. I got 500 in it. Not bad since there was 125 bucks worth of cutting disks wore plum down to nothing in the build process. Have to do with what you got on hand. LOL.

Dude! Excellent! I'm wondering if the extra depth under the waterpan is going to effect your smoke chamber temp. and how easy (hard) it will be to maintain a constant temp. If you have a problem, you may need to think about a piece of stainless sitting on some bricks to act as a reverse heat shield, or line the bottom with some fire brick. Just some thoughts.

I love it though!

During the seasoning period, it held the temp very well. I didnt have to scramble with the fire like my old bandera. It does take a little longer to bring up to temp though. But let me tell you. Once Stainless is hot, it is hot. I smiled and laughed everytime I looked at the temp over a 4 hour period. It was holding steady at 300 when I went to bed. She gets her first bird today. I was too tired after duty last night.

That smoker looks great - Can you show us a picture of the firebox and where you build the fire.

Thanks

Last edited:
that looks like the cats behind. Nice job!
The space under the water pan may reduce the "hot drafts" that I sometime get with my SKD even with a baffle.
You could also easily reduce the cook chamber size with a grate sized piece of stainless with a draft hole cut in it as well.

Back