Weber Kettle 26.5?

dobdabomb

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ive read some of the searches on here but I wanted to check on newer feedback. Anyone have one? I have been wanting the 22.5 silver/gold for the wife to start leaning as she asked if she could learn basics and I must have just never seen the 26.5 version. Kinda amazed thought the ranch one was the next step up. I liked the added options already standard and the larger grate. Seems like it would work almost like a weber SM. Just curious, going from $150 to $300 is no big deal here so I'd appreciate all feedback if its worth it on added value. It's not just gonna be for my wife guys ;-)

I'm selling my primo Xl and my father is taking my other large green egg so I will soon be down to 1 Large Green Egg, an Assassin 28 and whatever weber kettle I decide on. So space will be good to have but again going from 22.5 to 26.5, will soon see. Thanks!

Why the big change? Suggest getting a used 22 first to see if its adequate. That 26 lid is heavy.

Big change for what part of what I said? I've cooked on the 22.5 a lot already, dad has one. So it's good, just like the added features.

I have a vintage 26" Weber Bar-B-Q-Kettle and I love it. Lotsa real estate to cook on if you are used to a 22".

I have a 26, 22 and other smokers. The 26 is great because it gives you options on heat zones. I rarely use my awesome Performer because of my 26'er.

I have a 26, 22 and other smokers. The 26 is great because it gives you options on heat zones. I rarely use my awesome Performer because of my 26'er.
^ Yep! Mine is about 4 months old. Had some coupons from Home Depot so I ordered from their online store with direct shipping with free shipping and $60 off it was about $240. I've had everything from the SJ to the performer - the 26.75 is GREAT, lots of extra cooking real estate. Waiting for some CI grates to come in now!
Here is my latest cook, a 12.5 pound spatchcock turkey.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166428

Last edited:
I am the proud owner of a 22.5 Gold and I will give you this one piece of advice. GET THE BIGGER ONE!!!!!!!!

I love my 26er. Go for the size! Great for zone cooking - I did a 15 lb brisket on it.

I f Possible Get the 26 !!
Ive had mine for a couple of years and you can cook alot of differant things on it ..Lotsa room.
Like Marty said the 22 takes a back seat.

I love my 26.75. Only bummer is lack of rotisserie capabilities, which is why I keep a 22.5 around. I don't rotis that much anyway - if I had to keep one it would be the 26.75.

Sounds like an easy decision then with the 26.5. Now how the heck do I get a 20% code for home depot? :)

26.75" hands down. There's tons of real estate to do whatever you want...smoke, grill direct, grill indirect....I can't imagine not having one. The only draw back I can see for your wife is that the lid is heavy.

Anyone have the cheapest place to get one? I have not found one for under the $299 tag on amazon.

I found a site that had the black 22.5 gold for $131 shipped free from a major site but I really wanted the 26.5 but that price is hard to justify the difference for me even though it has the stainless grate/indirect slats and larger size. Is it really worth the double + more price tag. Im starting to lean 22.5 unless I can get the 26.5 for around $250 or less.

Another vote for the 26.75" - for all the reasons listed above. Nice thing with the 26.75 is when you cook indirect, you've actually got some space to do it in. Cooking indirect on a 22.5" doesn't leave a ton cooking space.

I use both, each has it's ideal use. The 26" comes into it's own when I am cooking for a group, much more than 6 people, and the 22" is just a little small.

Another vote for the 26.75" - for all the reasons listed above. Nice thing with the 26.75 is when you cook indirect, you've actually got some space to do it in. Cooking indirect on a 22.5" doesn't leave a ton cooking space.

Well there are really two things here, the new Assassin 28 and the large green eggs I have really will do all the smoking. That needs to be said, I really don't know how much "smoking" I will be doing as you can understand clearly why. I know its nice to have the option though and believe me I am there and like that. The second is this is going to be the grill to get my wife to start learning how to get the basics of grilling down. I could and will eventually teach her on the green egg but its good to have a good ole Weber Kettle in everyone's arsenal. I think the biggest thing with this weber purchase whatever it will be is mainly the backyard entertaining grill. As you know there is only so much a large green egg or two can hold, the 22" is obviously bigger and can handle a ton of dogs and burgers so I can see the 26.5 fitting in here. So with all that, that is whats weighing on my head. It comes back to still is it worth double and more the price. An extra $100 is not killing me but always good to save and just use it towards more charcoal :grin:

I love my 26.5's got two because amazon sent me a damaged one, they let me keep it and sent a free replacement. My performer sits covered and neglected for over 2 years since i've had them, they're huge inside, yes the lid is heavier, but everything internal is heavier gauge also, charcoal grate, main grate, etc. get it, you won't be sorry

I love my 26.5's got two because amazon sent me a damaged one, they let me keep it and sent a free replacement. My performer sits covered and neglected for over 2 years since i've had them, they're huge inside, yes the lid is heavier, but everything internal is heavier gauge also, charcoal grate, main grate, etc. get it, you won't be sorry

I use amazing religiously, how bad was it damaged and did they just not check anything when asking or showing proof? Ive never heard of them letting anyone keep something with that price value, just curious on how that went down. Especially if one happens to be damaged if received by me. wow.

Anyone have the cheapest place to get one? I have not found one for under the $299 tag on amazon.

I found a site that had the black 22.5 gold for $131 shipped free from a major site but I really wanted the 26.5 but that price is hard to justify the difference for me even though it has the stainless grate/indirect slats and larger size. Is it really worth the double + more price tag. Im starting to lean 22.5 unless I can get the 26.5 for around $250 or less.

What about......Just curious, going from $150 to $300 is no big deal here ????

get the 26" !!

Back