The Stripper

Tasty strip. I call Par-smoked...

Par-B-Q!

yeah I wish I had bought another entire roast and par smoked it for strips for about a month.

people used to freak out when I would cook one of these in a skillet with Butt Glitter on one side and Dalmatian Atomic Dirty Dog Dick Rub on the other. One spoon of Brisket Renderings from the coffee can in the hot Iron skillet and your ready to go. Or was that dirty dick dog rub? Or Dalmatian Dick dirty atomic dog. I am confused now.

they would not get how my steak on the skillet tasted smokier than theirs on the wood grill. Oh and what a bark from the skillet.

Wow, talk about being on the same wavelength.... I did the same thing with this brisket flat. Cool smoke with oak for just over an hour, the internal was 118°. Then I seasoned it and into foil for a 275° finish.

DSC09750a.jpg

DSC09763a.jpg

I like the way it looks, will definitely have to try the par-smoke and cut for steaks method.

$40 bucks for about 12 lbs of strips would be a great deal huh?

Third Eye - will you please, with as many damn pictures as you have, update your own Avatar. Too many people use the chili pepper gif.

How bout my all time fav Thirdeye pic (the one I stole for my older videos) -
View attachment 35505

I had this On my Computer Screen at the Dealership for about 3 years (Kick Ass BBQ)
View attachment 35504

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the only dish I had at the church that I had to fire a 75 year old volunteer over.

Apparently he hated medium rare. I was cooking it for the Rotary. He had made me mad last time by continuing the "joke" about bay leaves into the serving time by telling people he saw me throw leaves in the spaghetti sauce.

on this day We had two roasts, one at medium well. He kept saying you want raw,uncooked, bloody meat (with his nose upturned) or roast? No one thought it was funny, it confused the eaters and I had a lot of returns on medium roast because it was overdone from people that wanted medium rare. His look on his face turned people off and made them pick the overdone one. Well done-ers were happy until we ran out of well done - because numb nuts oversold the well done to folks who wanted rare or med rare.

Ugh.... He still loves me.... he became the tea guy after that.

Back