Avoiding bad Crocodile Dundee refrence (new knife)

S

SP

I was at Ambrosi Bros today, (Cutlery shop in KC) getting knives sharpened and asked if they had a large slicer for bbq. One of the guy showed me one, a nice 12"er. I said anything bigger. He pulled out this one 23" over all and 18" blade. He said it was a good knife and it was $27. I'll take it. Its a Giesser. I had to get 2 blade cover to protect it, because there is know way it going in my knife bag.
IMG_0075.jpg

I have to ask why do you need such a big knife? What are you cutting that is that big, Elephant?

I wanted something larger that a 12 to make long slices in brisket. Sometimes I have had to cut with short sawing motions and it sometimes show on the meat. If it works great, If not its a fun knife for show. I just short of a scotich claymore.

I had a friend who owned a club in NY and I was at the door with security one night and I guy had a knife/sword even bigger than that (I think the blade was about 36") that he had hidden down his back trying to sneak it in to a hip hop show. Well, anyway let me know how it works for you. Also I have always found the hollow edge serrated knives tend not to catch the meat as much (especially with delicate meats) but you don't usually see them over 12". I am looking for a couple for XMas if I find one I will let you know.

What did you need covers for? That sucker would look great over the fireplace!

Arlin_MacRae said:
What did you need covers for? That sucker would look great over the fireplace!

Mount it on a rifle. Looks like a bayonet!:cool:

It does give me great reach. Instead of take off the fingers of those who reach for Q before it its served, I can now get them at the shoulder.

Good buy.
I love knives. I have a couple hundred of them from custom, swords, throwing, etc. They are ALL over my Harely Shop.
Send me one of those, now!!!!!!!!!!!

Smoke On!!!!!!

SP said:
It does give me great reach. Instead of take off the fingers of those who reach for Q before it its served, I can now get them at the shoulder.

:shock:

Nice knife. I could spend at least three hours and a paycheck in Ambrosi Brothers every month.

They have been redoing the place. Started carring Viking and some other new stuff, along with the large selection of knives.

Back