Game day Shigen! and not quite MOINK (Pr0n)

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I've been looking for a good excuse to smoke up some snacks and I figured that the BIG GAME was good enough reason.
Shigen! (Shrimp stuffed with seasoned chicken and wrapped in bacon) was definitely on the menu. For those who haven't heard of them, the assembly is pretty easy, start with some large raw shrimp (25-30/lb), seasoned Diced up chicken breast, and bacon strips cut in half.

It starts with making sure that the shells are removed and cutting the vein line a little deeper.

Then a piece of the chicken is inserted in the groove of the shrimp.

Then the whole thing gets wrapped up in some thick bacon and skewered with a toothpick. Trying to make sure the toothpick goes through the chicken, shrimp and both ends of the bacon.

Now, repeat the process a bunch of times.

While I was making these, my oldest worked on making bacon wrapped meatballs. (I would say MOINK but, the meatballs were homemade ones made with turkey and pork mixed together and no beef was involved.) Now mind you, she took her task very importantly and was all business about it but, insisted upon a bunch of pictures.

The Shigen! went on first.

When the ones over direct heat were done, on went the meatballs after rolling in some Pig Pollen.

The grilled Shigen! were a nice starter, good flavor and they got the taste buds warmed up for more.

But the real winners came off about 15 minutes later along with the grilled meatballs.

The Slower cooked Shigen! were absolutely fantastic! They had a rich buttery flavor and were so moist, with a hint of sweet and saltiness to them. All they needed was some BBQ Sauce for dipping but, I like them plain as well.

The Bacon wrapped meatballs were delicious. I really liked the blend that went into the ball and the saltiness of the bacon with the sweetness of the rub and sauce were a wonderful match.

All and all, it wasn't a huge game day spread but, our family definitely enjoyed it.

Thanks for looking! :thumb:

Id like to snack on those now. Great or grate job!:biggrin1:

Back