Tri-Tip and Garlic Smooshed Potatoes

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
This is my second attempt at Tri-tip... I think I love these things. :-D

Seasoned with Big Poppa's Double Secret Steak Rub ( I love it!) and added a few potatoes with olive oil, kosher salt and cracked black pepper.

020-7-1.jpg

smoked in the Memphis Pro until the tri tip reached an internal temp of 130, pulled the tatoes, turned up the heat to give the meat a quick sear.

025-14-1.jpg

031-6-1.jpg

sauted minced onions and garlic in butter, added flour, cream and seasonings to make my sauce. Then mixed in the cubed smoked potatoes.

027-5-1.jpg

029-9-1.jpg

048-5-1.jpg

The tri tip, garlic smooshed potatoes and salad..
It was kinda tasty!

010-8-1.jpg

012-10-1.jpg

017-8-1-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Oh, but we Californians just love that Tri-tip. Kinda grew up on it. Yours looks fabulous and the plate of food to go with it is just making my stomach growl...
Glad you can get it out there. Lotta folks can't.

Jeanie, every time you pop in it is with something gorgeous. :wink:

I have tried to do Tri Tip a few times and have not nailed it yet. :mad:

Thank you Marty! I wanted to try these and finally asked my butcher to find some for me. I think he is going to try carrying them here.. I hope he does. :-D

Thank you Tim! It was tasty. :)

Terry, thanks!! I am trying to get the hang of cooking these things..

Thanks Shiz! :thumb:

Are you married? Or do you need a pool boy? :)

Your food always looks exceptional. It gives me something to strive for :)

lol I'm looking for someone who will wash dishes. :-D
Thanks JM! :cool:

lol I'm looking for someone who will wash dishes. :-D
Thanks JM! :cool:

I can do some dishes. My girlfriend complains because I do them all by hand rather than using the dishwasher. I'm not sure why I do it this way but I rarely ever turn my dishwasher on. It hasn't run in a couple months now I know...

I can do some dishes. My girlfriend complains because I do them all by hand rather than using the dishwasher. I'm not sure why I do it this way but I rarely ever turn my dishwasher on. It hasn't run in a couple months now I know...

Wow! Wish you lived closer. lol Your girlfriend is a lucky girl. :thumb:

OMG...almost took out my new laptop's screen tryin to hit that! Meat....taters....and meat and taters....throw in some bread and I'm a happy camper. That's what I call fine dining!

OMG...almost took out my new laptop's screen tryin to hit that! Meat....taters....and meat and taters....throw in some bread and I'm a happy camper. That's what I call fine dining!

Haha... Thanks LoneStar! :-D

Nice plating again Doc.!:cool:
Can you get picanha/rump cap in your area?
You should give that cut a try....you won't be dissapointed!:thumb:

Sorry Mate, we've all asked the question. There's a long line up. Get in line.. I'm about 3 or 400 guys in front of you, and theres a thousand in front of me...

Jeanie, that's an awesome Tri Tip there! If you come and visit me, you'll have to bring the Memphis Pro AND the Hasty Bake with you!

Cheers!

Bill

I'm with you on the whole tri-tip love thing, it's turning into one of my favorite cuts of meat. You really nailed that one, it looks perfect!

Cowgirl that looks incredible! I have had two butchers in my area looking for tri tip for me and no one can even get it in. My butcher has had it on his order for 8 months now and all teh tips get sent to CA he said. I just can't get my hands on one to even try it.

I found the best way to do dishes is to let the dog lick them clean. :laugh:

Back