Just wanted to say Hello to all of the Brethren!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydermike72

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
My name is Mike and I go by the handle of Spydermike72, there is a story behind the nickname. It goes back to my Navy days when I was an Air Controller and we all had to have callsigns, mine was Spyder so I just added to that for the Internet world.

I have always loved to eat BBQ and I consider myself a Grill Master, but about 4 years ago I got involved in this whole world of Low and Slow, and I have been hooked since day one. I competed for the first time this year with a good friend under the team name of The Heavy Duty Smokers. We only competed in 2 events this year, Cabelas in Dundee and The Taste of Grand Rapids. I think we did very well for a first year team, we placed 4th in Brisket at Cabelas and were in the bottom third overall. At Grand Rapids we placed a 5th in chicken and were in the top third overall, so I saw improvement and that is what we were looking for. Unfortunately my friend has to re-locate back to Alabama so I will no longer be competeing with The Heavy Duty Smokers, unless our paths cross again in the future.

In the future I will have my own team, along with my nephew Andrew, who has recently joined this forum under the handle of SmokeyEyed. We will be competeing under the Team name of Rubbed,Smoked and Sauced by next year. Until then I hope to become a productive member of this forum and make some good friends along the way!!

Regards,

Mike
RSSBBQ.com (Coming soon)

SQUID IN DA HOUSE!!! :)

Welcome aboard, Mike - from a retired Zoomie.

Glad to see another experienced competitor in the group (you guys' stories are awesome), and I love the team's name!

Arlin

Welcome Mike. Heck were almost neighbors, Im n.w. of Lansing here. Hope to meet you in person someday.

Its nice to see some family once in a while. ;)

Hey, I am doing gutters on my house this weekend. Starting at eight this Sat. Grandpa will be here too.

Welcome, Mike! We're getting quite a few members from Michigan lately!

Welcome to the forum. You'll make alot of friends here. It's a great forum to get into and a perfect place to learn from and teach other with.

Great intro Mike, and once you're here for awhile you'll find we are family.

Thanks

Arlin_MacRae said:
SQUID IN DA HOUSE!!! :)

Welcome aboard, Mike - from a retired Zoomie.

Glad to see another experienced competitor in the group (you guys' stories are awesome), and I love the team's name!

Arlin

Thanks Arlin, I appreciate it. We worked long and hard on the name.

Regards,

Mike

Thanks bbqbull

bbqbull said:
Welcome Mike. Heck were almost neighbors, Im n.w. of Lansing here. Hope to meet you in person someday.

That would be great, I actually have ties a bit closer to you. My wife is from St Johns, so we are over that way quite often. Thanks for the welcome

Tanks lazybones

lazybonesmoke1 said:
Welcome Mike, nice to see another Michigander.

Thanks for the welcome, I checked out your website, next time I am down in the Detroit area I am going to swing by your place. Good Q is hard to find in Michigan!!! Unless of course you make it yourself!!:shock:

Regards,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back